Frist Art Museum
Guest Services Associate, Bilingual
Frist Art Museum
Job Summary: The Frist Art Museum seeks an outgoing, reliable, bilingual (Spanish required) individual to join our Guest Services department. This individual will be responsible for managing museum phone lines, provide support for online ticket sales and correspondence, selling daily admission tickets and memberships both online and onsite, membership promotion, and providing information on programs and events. In addition, creating a highly positive experience for guests conducive to repeat visitation and positive word of mouth for the museum. In addition to these general guest services responsibilities, this position would include responsibilities for translation and promotion of the Frist Art Museum to audiences who speak languages the associate is fluent in (fluent in three languages is a plus). Full-time employees need to be flexible and available to work weekdays, weekends, evening, holidays, and member previews.
Essential Job Functions: Working closely with other staff of the Frist:
- As a member of front-line staff, provide positive customer service experiences to all guests, assisting anyone who appears to need general guidance.
- Manage all incoming phone calls to the Frist Art Museum main phone line in the appropriate language based on the callers needs, provide quality customer services answering and directing caller questions, selling of admission tickets and memberships over the phone, and the daily returning of both phone and email messages.
- Sell daily admission tickets, and memberships onsite.
- Actively promote and sell memberships to reach monthly goals.
- Interact with our guests to ensure that the visitor experience is productive, informative, and enjoyable. Strive to create meaningful connections and always fulfilling experiences for guests.
- Provide general information about the Frist Art Museum, its exhibitions, programs, and events.
- Ability to translate exhibition and guest services materials from English to associate’s fluent languages, including assisting Communications with press releases, website, and promotional materials.
Serving as “on-air” spokesperson, from time to time, for Frist in multilingual media.
- Assist in development of multilingual content for website and on-site plasma screens.
- Representing museum, from time to time, at community events where fluent languages are predominantly spoken.
- Update member information in the database management system (Altru), including but not limited to gift batching and entering member contact information. Must be familiar with computer software applications in general.
- Work with volunteers in a positive and constructive manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience: High School graduate or GED preferred. Previous experience at a major attraction, hotel, sports arena, or performance venue is ideal.
Skills and Abilities:
- Have a basic knowledge of customer service best practices and possess strong communication skills.
- Bilingual speaker (Spanish required) with English fluency in two or more fluent languages preferred.
- Enjoy working with the public, meeting new people, and working with volunteers.
- Ability to learn and use the Frist’s database management software (Altru).
- Applicants should be reliable, flexible, and personable.
- Must have a demeanor to remain calm in all situations and resolve any visitor/member complaints in an efficient and proactive manner.
Have the desire to develop a working knowledge of the exhibitions and history of the museum and its activities.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform certain essential duties satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential duties.
- Bilingual speaker (Spanish required) with English fluency, two more fluent languages preferred.
- Knowledge of Nashville’s communities who speak common languages with the associate a plus.
- Hospitality: Guest Services Associates are the primary communication channel between the Frist, its members, and the public. Every person working for the Frist Art Museum will be expected to exhibit professional manner and demonstrate excellent customer-service skills while on duty.
Job Conditions: This position will require evening, holidays, and weekend hours.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Demands may include:
- Lifting materials up to 25 pounds
- Stooping, bending, kneeling
- Standing for long periods of time
- Working at computer for long periods of time
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Frist Art Museum will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities.
Medical, dental, vision, life, accidental life, short and long-term disability, 401(k) plan with guaranteed match, paid time off, federal holidays, free on-site parking.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their resume, references, and salary expectations to:
Frist Art Museum
Nashville, Tennessee 37203-3822
Email: email@example.com or Fax: (615) 744-3339
Attention: Sheri Horn, Human Resources Director
The Frist Art Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Women, minorities, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Date Posted: May 18, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Arts / Culture
- Salary Range: $17.00/hour
- Working Hours: 40, M-F some evenings & weekends