Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Status: Regular Full Time
Are you a Grief Services/Counseling professional who desires to work in a capacity in which your efforts directly impact clinicians, patients and their families? If you are excited to use your talents and skill set in a way that truly makes a difference in the middle TN healthcare market, we can’t wait to talk with you!
The Alive Hospice Grief Counselor provides grief counseling and bereavement support services to hospice patients, their families and the community at large.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides counseling, in the office, for issues related to terminal illness, death or bereavement, to hospice patients, their families and others in the community.
- Provides bereavement counseling, via home visits, to Alive Hospice families, as needed.
- Completes documentation as part of client/patient records in a timely manner, and denoting their progress.
- Makes referrals to and/or activates other community resources on behalf of clients/patients when appropriate.
- Makes appropriate referrals to other community resources, as needed , for clients ineligible for Alive Hospice services.
- Facilitates care- giver and bereavement support groups, as requested by Director of the Grief Center, for Alive Hospice families and the community.
- Assists in training volunteers as requested by Director of the Grief Center.
- Provides educational presentations and information about Alive Hospice services, death, dying and bereavement issues for service providers, the educational community, congregations, businesses, other professionals, professional organizations and community service organizations.
- Describes bereavement services and provides crisis counseling to phone inquirers.
- Maximizes opportunities to enhance visibility of bereavement services within the agency and within the service area.
- Participates in special projects and other duties, as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Master’s degree from an accredited School of Social Work or related field (i.e. counseling, psychology, etc.); minimum of two years of post Master’s experience in a hospice, medical or mental health setting or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum of one year postmaster’s experience conducting individual, family and/or group therapy in the above setting preferred.
- Voted a Nashville Business Journal Best Place to Work in 2017
- Competitive benefit packages include dental, vision, life insurance, employer matching of retirement savings, generous paid time off, and more.
- Ongoing education and professional development
- Incredible, team-centered environment supported by employee satisfaction survey
How to Apply
To apply, please click on link below to be directed to our Careers Page.
- Date Posted: September 15, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Other
- Start Date: 10/19/2020
- Working Hours: 36 hrs/week