Brentwood United Methodist Church
We’re looking for an artist capable of developing graphic layouts, branding elements, and multimedia. Design responsibilities include conceptualization and design of series art, branding and logos, apparel, posters, booklets, and other print or digital work to communicate the mission of Brentwood UMC.
- Maintain brand standards for Brentwood UMC, its ministries, and other campuses
- Conceptualize graphics for Brentwood UMC ministries and programs
- Develop layout templates for weekly print projects, recurring programs, and annual giving campaigns
- Posters, worship bulletin, fliers, workbooks, annual reports, devotionals, etc.
- Provide web and social graphics for use by Digital Content Coordinator and other ministries
- Adhere to timelines as assigned by Project Manager
- Print and assemble in-house print materials as needed
- Organize and manage online assets library
- Develop mood boards as needed
- Proficient in Adobe applications such as Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop to conceptualize and develop projects for web/print layouts
- Intermediate to advanced Illustrator knowledge and skills
- Ability to work a project through phases from concept (based on creative brief) to rough layouts to final layouts
- Knowledge of pre-press formats and specifications to properly prepare press-ready art layout for submission to vendors
- Knowledge of web/app formats and specifications to properly save artwork for web use
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to handle sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality
- Self-starter who takes initiative and anticipates needs of the department
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, visual art, or equivalent experience
- Two (2) – five (5) years of related experience
- Photography and photo editing experience a plus
This is a contract position.
How to Apply
how to apply: Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our webpage at bumc.net/employment.
- Date Posted: October 7, 2021
- Type: Contract / Temp
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Religious
- Start Date: 10/25/2021
- Working Hours: Days and hours of work are Monday –Friday, 40 hours per week. Occasional evening and weekend work required.