United Way of Greater Nashville
Graphic Design Intern
United Way of Greater Nashville
Position Summary: The graphic design intern supports the internal creative services team. The position handles editing and minor graphic modifications to collateral utilized by the resource development and community impact departments of United Way of Greater Nashville. The footprint of responsibility supports design work for 9 counties which includes the United Way of Greater Clarksville. This position is 100% remote, however, must live in the geographic area of the United Way of Greater Nashville.
Essential Functions: The following are indicative of the essential functions required to perform this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. This profile is not intended to be all-inclusive of tasks and responsibilities required; it provides a description of the critical responsibilities associated with this position.
Graphic Design Support
- Assists the Director, Creative Services by processing design edits to all internal collateral
- Requests are received via a project request form in Wrike and assigned to the intern. Requests must be processed by assigned deadlines.
- Intermittent design projects to be determined, but can include website graphic updates, t-shirt designs, business cards, flyers, posters, event signage, and event invitations.
- Current junior or senior pursuing a 4-year degree in graphic design
- Will consider marketing or communications majors who demonstrate a concentration in graphic design
- Prior internships in design or freelance work are a plus
- Proficiency with Adobe InDesign, and Canva required
- Solid organizational and time management skills necessary
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Effective Communication: Ability to effectively communicate through oral, written, and technological means; actively listening and expressing oneself clearly, to ensure those who need specific information acquire it and to prevent extra work from being performed because of a lack of departmental communication
- Brand Advocate: Conducts oneself in a manner that promotes integrity, trust, and strong ethics, to protect the reputation and results of UWGN.
- Attention to Detail: Achieves thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas; ensures all information is concise, complete, and accurate; follows detailed procedures; organizes, monitors, and maintains all system processes carefully
- Ability to Multi-task: Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously; requires knowledge of time management and setting priorities
- Team Player: Works cooperatively and collaboratively with others to achieve a collective goal; shows commitment to the teams’ purpose and goals by providing members critical information that helps drive success; works effectively with different personalities across a variety of social and professional situations
Environmental Conditions and Physical Demands:
- Employees spend the majority of their time sitting at a desk in front of a computer monitor. Manual dexterity is sufficient to reach/handle items and work with the fingers.
- This position is off-site from UWGN’s campus. This position is required to attend meetings at UWGN home campus as scheduled
No benefits are provided with this position.
How to Apply
United Way of Greater Nashville is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Date Posted: October 18, 2023
- Type: Contract / Temp
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Other
- Start Date: 10/23/2023