Tennessee Primary Care Association
Tennessee Primary Care Association
Position Title: Grants Manager
Reports to: Finance Director
Position Type Full-time Exempt
Direct Reports: None
The Tennessee Primary Care Association (TPCA) is a membership association of Community Health Centers serving low-income populations in Tennessee. TPCA places a high value on member relations. It is a dynamic, team-oriented non-profit that provides support and technical assistance to health centers located in underserved communities. The Grants Manager contributes to this work by providing a methodical and strategic approach to enhancing funding models, identifying and writing to new sources of funding and grants, and ensuring sustainable and effective grants programs.
Duty 1: Enhance Organizational Funding Models and Manage Overall Grant Writing Efforts
- Collaborate with organizational departments to identify activities and programs internally-focused and member-focused that require additional funding support
- Identify funding opportunities to meet organizational needs; research feasibility and benefit with support of Finance Director
- Assist the Finance Director to plan diversification of funding strategies
- Collaborate with the appropriate internal staff to write grant applications; manage the grant writing process including writing, submitting, and responding to needs throughout the process
- Furnish prospective funders with supporting documents
Duty 2: Ensure Effective Grant Programs through Supportive Grants Management
- Assist organizational departments funded through grants in optimizing the grant administration process through supporting grant documentation integrity, managing timelines and deliverables, assisting with reporting processes, and assisting in prior approval requests.
- Participate in meetings with Federal grant Project Officers and Grants Management Specialists to ensure changes needed in the grant administration process are planned and implemented
- Assist the Finance Director and organizational departments in developing and managing budgets that meet grants management needs
- Manage contracts associated with grants, ensuring documentation is complete, monitoring is occurring and contract owners are notified when a contract is up for renewal
- Assist in the preparation of documentation and materials for site visits from state or federal funders
Duty 3: Ensure Sustainable Grant Programs through Grants Compliance Management
- Manage compliance responsibilities for each grant the organization receives; sit on the Corporate Compliance Team
- Assist the Finance Director in bridging program and grant compliance with financial compliance
- Assist with tracking and reporting fund receipts and expenditures for each grant program.
- Assist with tracking and budgeting of effort and expenditure allocations.
- Review and document new compliance requirements in light of current practices; work with the Corporate Compliance Team to develop new processes or activities to meet new requirements
- Develop and maintain organizational policies and procedures for compliant grants management
- Manage processes that ensure grant compliance including but not limited to procurement, internal exclusion and debarment, contract management, and annual audits
Duty 4: Supports TPCA Team Work by Supporting TPCA Policies, Procedures, and Participating in Staff Activities
- Maintain knowledge of TPCA policies, procedures, and software.
- Participate in TPCA staff huddles, functional teams, staff meetings and pertinent conferences and meetings.
- Complete TPCA-related forms and activities such as timesheets/activity reporting, leave requests, and travel forms, including travel authorizations, expense reports and documentation within the timeframes set in TPCA procedures.
- Provide staff support at Association sponsored events, such as the Annual Conference and President’s Dinner.
- Perform other tasks and duties as identified by the immediate supervisor.
- A Bachelor’s degree in related field
- At least three years of experience with grant writing and Federal grants management
- Specific experience with Federal health grants (HRSA, CDC, NIH, etc) preferred
- A demonstrated knowledge of uniform grants guidance and other Federal grants management requirements
- A demonstrated knowledge of best practices in grant writing
- A demonstrated ability to manage personally identifiable information (PII) and other confidential business information with integrity and confidentiality
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Organized with attention to detail.
- Methodical and strategic approach to work.
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service and support with a professional and supportive demeanor.
- Ability to manage several projects concurrently with varying timelines and adapt to changes in project requirements and/or the work environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with other staff, members, community-based organizations, health center staff, customer/vendors/client groups.
- Proficient computer skills, particularly with software in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Able to quickly and easily learn new technology solutions to apply to grant writing and grants management.
Work Environment (includes physical requirements):
- Office environment (Both virtual and physical office).
- Prolonged sitting, use of computer, monitor, and keyboard; occasionally lifting of lightweight boxes.
TPCA offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays, paid medical, dental and life insurance, paid long-term disability insurance, and participation in a 403(b) retirement plan. In addition, TPCA offers elective participation in employee-paid benefits including Flexible Spending Account, Dependent Care Savings Account, vision insurance, and AFLAC insurance options.
It is the policy of TPCA that all applicants are entitled to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, national origin, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, genetic condition, marital status, or veteran status (past, present, or future service in the Uniformed Services of the United States), or other protected characteristics or identity as required by local, state, and federal law.
This position will be supported in part by grant funding from the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).
How to Apply
Contact Information and Procedure:
Interested candidates should apply by submitting their application in TPCA’s online application system by January 31, 2021. Apply here.
The position will remain open until filled by an excellent candidate. No email applications or applications in any other system will be accepted; no telephone inquiries, please.
Tennessee Primary Care Association
710 Spence Lane
Nashville, TN 37217
- Date Posted: January 3, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Salary Range: 47520.00 - 71280.00 Annually
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk