Who We Are
Monroe Harding’s mission is to change young people’s lives. Our cause is to ensure that foster care youth and other vulnerable young people build a solid foundation of strengths that position them for success in adulthood. Our cause and mission are accomplished through trauma and resiliency-informed programs and services in foster care, supportive housing, clinical emotional and mental health support services, and education, career development, and life skills support services.
What We Value
Optimism – We celebrate and encourage the good in each other. We create an environment in which people can have fun, express gratitude, feel uplifted, explore their passions, and increase their resiliency.
Inclusion – Through a lens of respect, we advocate for our families, our youth, and each other by creating a sense of belonging, understanding, and value for the uniqueness of each individual.
Curiosity – We are committed to creating a learning environment that seeks knowledge, looks to the future, and goes beyond the status quo.
Collaboration – We believe that people who are committed to open communication, a willingness to help, and working together as a team create a safe environment and a culture of excellence.
Personal Accountability – We empower one another to be our best selves. By showing up, listening, and providing thoughtful feedback we create a culture that allows for self-care.
Who We Are Looking For
The Grants Coordinator will lead and grow our development efforts with public and private foundations and grant-making entities, corporate foundations, and government funding sources. The coordinator will embrace our mission, vision, cause, and strategic direction and work with multiple internal teams to identify, research, apply for, and secure funding.
Along with other duties, the Coordinator will be responsible for the following:
- Work with Sr. Director of Development and Communications to produce a sufficient number of quality prospects, produce extensive institutional donor profiles, target appropriate asks amounts; and prioritize and evaluate prospects for corporate, foundation, and government grants.
- Write all grants, including government, foundation, and corporation grant requests for new and existing grant requests. Manage the grant editing process with appropriate staff, including compiling support documents and budgets.
- Develop and prioritize all projects and proposals; meet and work with various staff to illicit projects and programs that need support; manage monthly meetings to vet projects and programs.
- Oversee all pre-award and post-award activities. Meet with appropriate staff to plan grants before submission and to manage grants after awarded. This includes facilitating outcome and financial data tracking with appropriate staff and any other activities necessary for grant compliance.
- Develop and foster relationships with funders; find personal connections at each granting entity that will ensure the attention of the funder and continuity of the funding. Provide stewardship for existing funders.
- Manage all aspects of tracking grants – writing reports by partnering with the VP of Finance and Administration, Director of Data, and Program Directors to ensure compliance; maintain accurate data and financial records and excellent historical records.
- Other duties as assigned.
What we expect in a Grants Coordinator at Monroe Harding
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. Three years of successful grant writing and grant management experience Applicants for this job must pass a thorough background check. Must have a valid TN driver’s license.
- Excellent communication skills, analytical skills, and organizational skills.
- Grant writing education and or certification.
- Proven track record raising money from foundation and government sources.
- Innovative problem-solving skills and data analysis skills.
- Knowledge of contracts and agreements.
- Excellent communication skills.
Applicants must pass a thorough background check and drug screen. Must have a valid Tennessee driver’s license.
Additionally, The Diana Screen® is administered to all potential applicants to help ensure that ethical boundaries between children and adults are maintained. At Monroe Harding, the safety and protection of the youth who have been entrusted to us is our #1 priority.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance available
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Generous paid time off package
- 401k (Monroe Harding will match up to 4%)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Professional development and training
How to Apply
Think you are interested in joining our team? Please apply online at monroeharding.org
- Date Posted: August 31, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Social / Human Services