Grants & Communication Coordinator
Oasis Center provides a wide range of opportunities that reflect the diverse needs of youth and their families, from crisis intervention to youth leadership and community engagement to college and career access.
Oasis Center is seeking a dynamic individual to assist with the grant development process and provide specialized communications support for one of the nation’s most innovative youth-serving agencies. The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal and organizational skills. They will be as comfortable in a board room as they are at a community meeting. They will have a work-hard, play-hard attitude and the natural tendency to take their work, but not themselves, seriously.
· Research current trends and data related to the mission and objectives of the agency and programs.
· Research, identify, and analyze grant-making organizations to determine fit in supporting specific agency initiatives and programs.
· Develop recommendations for proposals based on research and review with program staff and the Director of Grants.
· Solicit information/aggregate data from program staff to support grants, reports, and external communications.
· Coordinate the writing and timely submission of grant proposals and reports with the Director of Grants.
· Maintain social media channels (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc.) including scheduling, creating content and copy.
· Assist with identifying and writing stories to personalize the Oasis mission in external communications (e.g., newsletters, grants, direct mail appeals, legacy giving campaigns, donor thank you notes).
· Update donor thank you letters/tax receipts annually or as needed.
· Assist staff with writing/editing quarterly program updates designed to communicate current Oasis activities with funders, donors, and other key constituents.
· Plan, write, design, and produce the annual report.
· Use Emma email marketing software to create monthly newsletters in collaboration with program staff. Create supplementary email campaigns for special fundraising events.
· Coordinate with the Director of Development Operations to create and maintain a communications strategy (social media, website, program updates, etc.).
· Contribute to Oasis Center’s data-driven culture by assisting with analysis of program outcomes and fundraising data as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
· Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
· Strong organization development, project management, and strategic planning skills.
· Knowledge and ability to utilize office equipment and computer software.
· Knowledge and ability to use various digital marketing tools (social media, email, website).
· Self-initiator with ability to work efficiently and uphold deadlines.
· Able to work at a fast pace, adjust quickly to changes, and remain flexible with a positive attitude.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work cooperatively with diverse staff, funders, and community stakeholders.
· Flexibility and willingness to take on a variety of tasks, along with an ability to work effectively in a highly collaborative team environment.
· Experience using WordPress, Canva, Later (or other social media scheduling tool) preferred.
· Three years relevant experience preferred.
· Track record in development and obtaining non-profit funding preferred
· Clear understanding of racial inequities, privilege, power dynamics, and forms of discrimination.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to Laurel Reeves @ firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Posted: June 28, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Salary Range: 38K-45K