Office of Family Safety- Metro Nashville
Office of Family Safety- Metro Nashville
This position is a non-civil service position in the Office of Family Safety that is responsible for coordinating the development, administrative management, reporting and closeout of grants and other programmatic requirements of the Office of Family Safety. The Grants Administrator is responsible for the operational, and analytical duties involved in daily programmatic and fiscal operations of the Office of Family Safety (OFS). This position ensures efficient grants management and program integrity and will seek ways to deliver and monitor the administration of grants and other funding. The position works closely with and reports to the Finance Manager.
- Typical Duties
- Coordinates data collection necessary for grant applications and renewals through collaboration with OFS staff and partners.
- Measures the impact and success monitoring of funds distributed by OFS under its ARP, Direct Appropriations, and Community Partnership nonprofit grant awards program.
- Measures the impact of OFS’ state and federal grants.
- Serves as programmatic point of contact on all OFS grants.
- Assists in Research various types of grants available and the criteria to qualify for each.
- Assist in the coordination and development of the Department’s annual budgets (Metro and grants) and monitoring monthly.
- Assists in the management of grant funds received and administered including preparation and/or modification of contracts and budgets, and preparation of departmental monthly reimbursement requests.
- Maintains open, positive working relationships with other Metro Departments and Non-profit partners engaged in the budgeting, finance, and grant functions.
- Assists in preparation for fiscal and programmatic audits.
- Assists in the processing of invoices.
- Makes department bank deposits as needed.
- Serves as a payroll liaison.
- Monitors and coordinates the administration of OFS grants to ensure that budgeting and administrative policies, procedures, and agency requirements are being followed.
- Troubleshoots administrative problems and/or budget changes occurring during the awarded granting period.
- Completes all documents, forms, or reports required by grants as assigned.
- Coordinates the monitoring and evaluation of programs and projects funded by grants.
- Develops and maintains master files on grants and documentation connected to programs funded by grants.
- Coordinates & manages purchases, preparation & tracking of purchases.
- Participates in the preparation of statistical & financial reports.
- Ensures purchasing procedures meet requirements of the Metro Finance Dept.
- Keeps department informed on current policies and upcoming changes related to budget, grants and finance and HR matters.
- Assist in the preparation of written and oral reports for department, mayor’s office, and Metropolitan Council as needed.
- Keeps leadership informed and advises management on finance issues or concerns.
- Ensures OFS staff and partners are aware of grant reporting requirements.
- Serves as back up to finance manager.
- Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Public Administration or a related field from an accredited college or university and five (5) years of
- Experience monitoring and applying for grants; especially those related to interpersonal violence
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively independently and as a highly resourceful team player under pressure and within deadlines.
- Creative and innovative thinker, who proactively presents new opportunities, proposes solutions and recommends best practices.
- Ability to anticipate challenges and effectively resolve potential issues through creative problem solving.
- Ability to work creatively and with flexibility in a fast-paced environment while maintaining high work standards.
- Ability to develop rapport and engender trust with OFS partners.
- Preferred Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Public Administration or a related field from an accredited college or university.
- 2+ years of progressively responsible experience in governmental budgeting, financial administration, and accounting.
- Experience interpreting statistical and financial information in a government setting.
- Familiarity with governmental principles and procedures used in accounting, budgeting, purchasing, and/or auditing process.
- Experience in government and/or nonprofits, highly desirable.
Full-Time Non Civil Service
Full-time, Civil Service positions –
10 Vacation Days per year (increasing after 5 years of service)
1 Sick Day per month
12 Paid Holidays per year
Public Safety – Sworn and Civilian positions –
20 vacation days per year
3 Personal days per year
1 Sick Day per month
12 paid holidays per year
Part-time, Non Civil Service positions – Visit HR and Benefits webpages for more information.
Full-time, Non Civil Service positions – contact hiring department for benefits information
Seasonal/Temporary positions – no benefits offered.
How to Apply
Candidates must submit in the attachment section a cover letter, resume, references, and a 1 page writing sample from a grant solicitation and our website.
Applications that do not include these required attachments will not be able to be considered.
Candidates with accreditations earned in a foreign institute are encouraged to apply.
Note: Per Metro Ordinance No. SO94-1078. All employees of the Metropolitan Government shall be residents of the State of Tennessee or become residents of the state within six (6) months of employment as a prerequisite to employment with the Metropolitan Government.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Requests for ADA accommodation for the recruitment process should be directed to 615-862-6640.
- Date Posted: September 2, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Government
- Start Date: 09/30/2022
- Salary Range: 57,800.00
- Working Hours: 40 hours/wk M-F 8:00am-4:30pm