Habitat for Humanity of Greater Nashville
Habitat for Humanity of Greater Nashville
The Grants Administrator assists the Director of Grants with the preparation, writing, submission, fulfillment, funding and tracking of grants for agency needs including but not limited to land and land development, house sponsorships, technology, general operating support and other needs. Handles grant fulfillment in coordination with the Director of Grants, including maintaining internal electronic and paper records as well as external distribution of supporting materials as required by the respective funder. Also provides coordination and administrative support for the Administration functions of the agency. Administrative support for the Chief Administrative Officer and the Administration department includes meeting scheduling, expense report preparation, and support of events coordinated by the Chief Administrative Officer, including Board of Directors meetings and related documents. This position reports to the Director of Grants.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
GRANT WRITING, REPORTING, FULFILLMENT AND TRACKING (80%)
- Supports the agency’s ongoing grant application process, including writing/editing, compiling supporting documents, submitting, and tracking grant proposals from inception though fulfillment. Supports the Director of Grants with his/her management of complex government grants. May write and manage corporate and foundation grants in collaboration with the Director of Grants.
- Prepares grant draws and tracks funding requested and remaining utilizing Excel spreadsheets.
- Supports the reporting of grant results to funder, utilizing Salesforce as the deadline tracking tool.
- Documents donor data, grant outcomes/feedback, and historical findings in Salesforce and grant files for effective grants management and tracking.
- Coordinates authorization of agreements, contracts, and promissory notes related to grant funding along with retention of such documents.
- Coordinates with the finance, construction, homeowner services and development departments regarding financial accounting, procurement/ purchasing standards, property management information (including obtaining from the construction department copies of Energy Star certificates and Final Use & Occupancy Letters as they pertain to grants), and audits, including grant fulfillment deadlines and established data tracking standards.
- Supports grant-closing procedures, including but not limited to reporting and audits.
- Support CAO and other senior leadership in Board and Advisory Board relationships, orientation and communication, and annual criminal screening process.
- Develop and maintain Board of Directors, Executive Committee and Advisory Council meeting materials including meeting packets, minute and presentations, and distributes and archives these.
- Work with CAO in support of the Directors Nominating Committee, including candidacy materials, Board Orientation Training materials
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- Effectively utilize Salesforce and Microsoft 365 including but not limited to Teams and Excel to track, forecast and report on grant status
- Support government grant processes and activities under the direction of the Director of Grants
- Secure grant funding from corporations and foundations in support of agency programs and initiatives
- Demonstrate effective communication, organization and computer skills to support Grants function and Administration department activities and personnel
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on occasion with assistance.
- Regular and reliable attendance required.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 1-3 years’ relevant experience required, with a minimum of 1-2 years in grant-writing or other grant support strongly preferred.
- Must have excellent computer skills, analytical ability and attention to detail.
- Requires expertise with Salesforce or similar application, Microsoft 365, Adobe Acrobat.
- Requires excellent written communication skills, strong business ethics, impeccable integrity and ability to maintain confidential information.
- This position requires excellent time-management, communication, documentation, multi-tasking and organization skills, the ability to meet deadlines and impeccable integrity in handling confidential matters.
- The candidate must have the ability and desire to work respectfully with people of all cultures, languages, national origins, races, ethnic backgrounds, religions, classes, immigration statuses, sexual orientations, gender identity and expressions, ages, mental or physical abilities, and other diversity factors. Must conduct all activities in accordance with Habitat principles.
- SIMPLE IRA
- SIMPLE IRA matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
How to Apply
For all interested and qualified candidates please send a Cover Letter and Resume with three professional references to: email@example.com
- Date Posted: May 22, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Housing
- Working Hours: M-F , 40 hrs/wk