Do you have the ability to tell an engaging story via the written word? Do you have an eye for detail and the ability to juggle multiple deadlines? We are looking for a strong writer to tell our story to foundations and governmental entities that offer grants! Previous grant experience not required. The applicant will need to submit writing samples.
This position will develop grant proposals and applications for the YWCA. The process includes research, writing/editing, compiling supporting documents, submitting and tracking proposals to public and private grant opportunities.
- Manage all aspects of the grant application process, including researching, writing/editing, compiling supporting documents, submitting, and tracking grant proposals.
- Manage the process of gathering and submitting progress reports as required by foundation funders.
- Initiate, maintain and cultivate communication with prospects and funders.
- Attend preliminary and informational meetings relevant to grant development, submission and/or on-going reporting, as appropriate.
- Manage and grow a portfolio of grant funders to ensure a diverse revenue stream.
- Generate revenue for YWCA programs and services through timely submission of well-researched, well written and well- documented grant/fund-raising proposals.
- Develop and maintain annual timetable for preparing and submitting proposals and for reporting grant results to funders.
- Maintains and implements funding calendar activities, including cultivation activities.
- Maintain current body of knowledge of the YWCA.
- Identifies funding opportunities and new program areas to match organization’s priorities using research tools.
- Document grant funder data, outcomes and relevant feedback in donor database/grant calendar for effective grants management and tracking.
- Provide stewardship to funders, collaborating with leadership team to ensure appropriate recognition of funders.
- Update the agency’s Givingmatters and GuideStar profiles with current, complete information in tandem with the Director of Communications.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree plus two to three years of documented experience in grant writing, or comparable writing experience. A proven track record in program development is preferred.
- Ability to talk or hear; sit; stand; walk; reach; climb or balance; and stoop.
- Ability to perform tasks which involve the ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work on a daily basis up to 25 pounds.
- Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard or workstation.
- Work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Position requires incumbent to have a personal vehicle, valid driver’s license, vehicle insurance and a clear driving record for the last three years.
- Strong technical writing skills with a clear, informative and persuasive style.
- Exceptional attention to detail with high level of follow through
- Effective at presenting numerical data to a variety of audiences.
- Effective comprehension skills of written information.
- Proficient knowledge of basic fundraising techniques and strategies.
- Proven leadership in executing the organization’s grant process.
- Proven ability to meet income goals.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with all Microsoft Office applications.
*Medical *Long Term Disability (LTD)
*Dental *Short Term Disability (STD)
*Vision *Life Insurance/AD&D
*Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
How to Apply
Apply online at: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=47925&clientkey=75324105F162349CC419382B93E8056D or contact Sheila Holman, VP of HR at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Posted: February 3, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 02/24/2020
- Working Hours: M-F 8:00 am to 5:00pm