GOAL Collective is looking to hire a dedicated grant writer to write grant proposals for our organization. The grant writer will write coherent, organized, and compelling proposals. You will apply your knowledge of fundraising methods and plans to reach income goals. You will collaborate with our Fundraising Working Group members in the collective to assist with other fundraising projects and develop relationships with key stakeholders.
To ensure success you need to write well, have proficient knowledge of fundraising methods, and be committed to the mission you are representing. Preferred applicants are deadline-driven team players with outstanding multitasking abilities.
- Developing relationships and collaborating with key stakeholders.
- Displaying adherence to the organization’s mission.
- Maintaining proficient knowledge of the collaboration’s history and programs.
- Identifying grant funding opportunities.
- Writing, submitting, and managing grant proposals.
- Furnishing prospective funders with supporting documents.
- Collaborating with Associate Executive Director and chair of the Fundraising Working Group to send funders newsletters, and to schedule 1:1 meetings with donors.
- Maintaining records in computer databases.
- Bachelor’s degree in creative writing or related field.
- 2+ years of grant writing experience.
- Examples of grant writing success and experience with five and six-figure proposals.
- Proficient with measuring and reaching income goals.
- Proficient with MS Office Word and Excel.
- Excellent knowledge of fundraising information sources.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong people skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- This is an hourly contract position with hours varying based on the grant proposal timeline, averaging to around 10 hours per month.
- Work is primarily remote, with some in-person meetings possible.
How to Apply
To apply, please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
- Date Posted: November 23, 2022
- Type: Contract / Temp
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Education
- Working Hours: Varies