Job Summary: The Grant Writer will support the Development Department’s overall goals and objectives by advocating for the mission and impact of Freedom’s Promise through the grant writing process. This person must be a highly effective communicator, exceedingly well-organized, and passionate about the prevention of human trafficking.
Essential Functions Include:
- Compose grant proposals and funding requests for churches, corporations, foundations, and government agencies
- Research and identify prospective new funders and make recommendations accordingly
- Prepare and monitor annual solicitations calendar
- Ensure all proposals and required reporting are completed in accordance with donor specifications and timelines
- Compose acknowledgement letters to donors as needed
- Collaborate with the development team to form, monitor, and execute a strategic and cohesive solicitation plan
- Stay up-to-date on relevant global trends in anti-trafficking funding
- Meet bi-weekly with Development Director to discuss goals and report progress
- Meet with Freedom’s Promise staff members as needed to obtain pertinent organizational data
- Maintain thorough and up-to-date records in the organizational database
- Assist Executive Director and Director of Development with additional donor correspondence materials as needed
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of two years previous research and grant writing experience
- Seasoned and results-oriented fundraiser with proven ability to secure grant funding
- Responsible, self-motivated, and able to carry out and prioritize multiple ongoing projects
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with innate attention to detail
- General knowledge of the global issue of human trafficking, with professional anti-trafficking experience preferred
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written, with excellent command of the English language and grammar
- Positive and uplifting disposition with the ability to communicate thoughts, needs, praises, etc.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
- Date Posted: March 18, 2020
- Type: Contract / Temp
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Salary Range: $30/hr.
- Working Hours: Avg. 20 hrs/mo