Project Return helps people who are coming back from prison. Our mission is to provide services and connect people with resources needed to return successfully to work and community after incarceration. For over three decades, Project Return has been doing the work of prisoner reentry in Nashville: facilitating job search, job placement, and job retention, as well as providing wraparound intensive case management and a broad array of assistance and support, for people who come to Project Return with the determination to make a new beginning after incarceration.
The Grant Writer position has one overarching responsibility: identifying, writing, and submitting new grant opportunities from foundations, federal, state, and local governments. The Grant Writer reports to the External Affairs Director and works as part of the agency’s External Affairs team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following requirements are representative, but not all-inclusive, of the job functions for this role:
- Develop relationships and collaborate with key stakeholders
- Display adherence to the organization’s mission
- Maintain proficient knowledge of the organization’s history and programs
- Assist with the execution of the development strategy
- Research and identify grant funding opportunities
- Utilize and improve upon existing grant calendar
- Write, submit, and manage grant proposals
- Provide prospective funders with supporting documents
- Communicate with potential funders about status of grant proposals
Education: Bachelor’s degree.
Experience, skills, and interests preferred: Excellent written and oral communication skills;
Health, Vision, Dental, Life, after 90 days.
How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, addressed to Nicole Lallatin, and indicate “Grant Writer” in the subject line. No phone calls, please!
- Date Posted: July 21, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Working Hours: 8-4:30pm M-F