General Position Summary
Water Walkers, a 501(c)3 non-profit based in Nashville, Tennessee, is seeking a dedicated Grant Writer to help expand its mission of providing a watersports-based youth education and mentoring program in the underserved and vulnerable Edgehill neighborhood.
The Grant Writer (GW), reporting to the Executive Director, will utilize the existing grant calendar as well as research new grant opportunities that align with the organization’s goals and strategies. The GW will build relationships with potential funders, maintain an open line of communication, and write coherent, organized, and compelling proposals. The GW will track goals as part of the annual development plan and work with the leadership and accounting departments to ensure accurate tracking of grants and grant pledges. The GW will apply their knowledge of fundraising methods and plans to reach income goals.
To ensure success, the GW needs to write well, have proficient knowledge of fundraising methods, and be committed to Water Walkers’ mission. Preferred applicants are deadline-driven team players with outstanding multitasking abilities.
Grant Writer Responsibilities:
- Develop relationships and collaborate with key stakeholders
- Display adherence to the organization’s mission
- Maintain proficient knowledge of the organization’s history and programs
- Assist with the execution of the development strategy
- Identify grant funding opportunities
- Utilize and improve upon existing grant calendar
- Manage all communications and build relationships with potential funders
- Write, submit, and manage grant proposals
- Provide prospective funders with supporting documents
- Maintain records in hard copies and computer databases
Grant Writer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in creative writing or related field
- 2+ years of grant writing experience
- Proficient at measuring and reaching income goals
- Proficient in Office & G Suite
- Excellent knowledge of fundraising information sources
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Competitive pay
- Candidate will have the opportunity to make a positive difference in the lives of Nashville kids and families.
- Candidate will have the opportunity to work for a small, agile, grassroots nonprofit where everyone wears many hats, taking ownership of their own projects and seeing them through to completion.
- Flexible hours
How to Apply
Submit letter of interest and resume to email@example.com.
- Date Posted: May 25, 2021
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Salary Range: 20.00