Rock The Street, Wall Street
Rock The Street, Wall Street
ONLY THOSE APPLICANTS LOCATED IN THE GREATER NASHVILLE AREA WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Who We Are
Rock The Street, Wall Street is a financial and investment literacy program designed to spark the interest of a diverse group of high school girls into careers of finance. Our fast-paced not for profit is fueled by our own experience, our understanding of how to engage our students and audiences, and our relentless passion to make improvements for future generations. Our extracurricular program is offered in 29 public high schools across 17 cities. We have empowered over 3,000 girls with the tools to manage their own personal finances as well as put them on a trajectory to a career in finance.
WE ARE GROWING!
Rock The Street, Wall Street, (RTSWS), is a 501(c)(3) non-profit. RTSWS is a financial and investment literacy program designed to spark the interest of a diverse population of high school girls into careers of finance. In the U.S. we lose girls in math as early as age 9, and women represent only 6% of the leaders in the financial services industry. We’re changing that. We currently offer our extracurricular program in 29 high schools located in 17 cities, and growing, across the U.S.
We’re looking for an experienced and versatile grant writer who is hungry to help us accomplish our mission and more. This role:
- Determines proposal concept by identifying, clarifying opportunities, determining needs, and studying requests for proposal (RFPs).
- Prepares high-impact, well-researched proposals and reports by the deadline by gathering information from others and formatting content to funders requirements compellingly communicating in a voice that reflects RTSWS.
- Writes Letters of Inquiry (LOI)
- Works with team for internal approvals and secure requested components in a timely manner.
- Produces other grant-related deliverables.
- Research studies and relevant statistics to strengthen proposal ask.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a history of successful grant applications.
Objectives of this Role
- Develops and maintains an understanding of the financial illiteracy epidemic across the US and the lack of women entering these fields as career options as well as a working knowledge of the organization’s operations and programs.
- Researches and identifies high quality prospective grant opportunities with corporations, foundations, not-for-profit and government entities.
- Communicates with funders to cultivate and maintain a positive relationship and responds to funder information requests.
- Maintains an orderly and accessible record of all communications (submissions, responses, renewals, reporting), the status of proposals, copies of proposals and reports, and other records necessary to an orderly, productive and ethical grants program.
- Meet regularly with Manager to discuss upcoming deadlines, programmatic updates, grant strategy, and development goals.
Skills and Qualifications
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree required. Bachelor’s Degree in a business, sales, fundraising, communications or marketing disciplines preferred.
- Experience: At least 5 solid years of experience with extensive grant writing responsibilities required.
- Skills: Strengths in technical and persuasive written communication, budget and statistical work, research and data-based decision making as well as computer and technology use.
- Experience with Foundation Search & Big Online software
- Self – starter and can work independently
- Master’s degree a plus
- Experience with Salesforce
- Experience with G-Suite applications
- Demonstrated history of successful on individual grant applications of $200,000+
Medical insurance, life insurance & 401 K available upon completion of 90 day probationary period.
How to Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Posted: January 27, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Education
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk