Special Kids Therapy and Nursing Center
Special Kids Therapy and Nursing Center
The Foundation Specialist works closely organization-wide and with the development and marketing team members to support the annual development plan, attainment of the development budget, and grant needs of Special Kids programs and services. In addition, this position assists in the development and implementation of outcome collection, grant reporting. The Foundation Specialist is responsible for the identification, research, writing, submission and reporting on grants submitted, funded, and completed. This position works company-wide to determine goals, objectives, scope, feasibility, and recommendations for organization applications for funding. This position collects and analyzes grant results and metrics for grant reporting and impact of Special Kids for the families and children we serve.
Coordinates and implements the annual grant and funders application and reporting plans with leadership staff for funding support of Special Kids programs and services.
- Identifies and researches potential corporate and foundation sources of funding that meet the funder priorities and the needs of Special Kids.
- Develops annual requests with Special Kids organization wide to determine funding needs on an annual basis and quarterly basis or as needed.
- Collaboratively, writes, edits, proofreads, and obtains organization approval for grant and funding applications prior to submittal.
- Coordinates the assembly and submittal of all grants and funding proposals with organization wide staff.
- Tracks and reports on funding results and submits grant and funding reports in timely manner.
- Works with the marketing, finance, and funders for public recognition of funding and grant results to include appropriate messaging, content, videos, interviews, and success stories of funding.
Finances and Revenue Generation
The Foundation Specialist contributes to the overall development and marketing attainment of annual financial goals and deadlines and contributes to enhancing funding relationships.
- Contributes to the overall development and marketing annual budget through the awarding of funding at the industry standard for approvals.
- Reports on variances of budgeted to actual revenue for funding quarterly.
- Makes recommendations for modifications in the development and marketing budget based upon changing trends in funder focus and funding streams.
- Sets annual goal for funding submissions and program funding needs throughout the organization.
Works closely organization wide with development, marketing, and finance staff in establishing priorities, timelines, budgets, workplans and communicating updates.
- Meets target dates for deliverables by establishment of priorities, work plans and timelines
- Communicates and coordinates with Special Kids staff as necessary regarding priorities, assistance, and brainstorming.
- Documents in the customer relationship management system all communications with funders to include thank you, funding submissions and results
- Represents Special Kids at fundraising and community events as appropriate
- Other duties as required
- A minimum of 5 years of direct grant writing experience with local and state government, foundations and corporations
- Experience in writing grants for pediatric services to improve heatlh access and equity
- Successful writing, submission and funding of grants upwards of $50,000
- Ability to interpret grant funder guidelines for submission and reporting
- Adept at colalborating with a team for grant completion and submission
- Organized with the ability to bring projects to fruition with minimal direction within designated time frames
- A minimum of a bachelor degree in communications or business
Will be discussed as part of the interview process as appropriate
How to Apply
Go to specialkidstn.com and click on careers and you will be able to apply online.
- Date Posted: August 22, 2022
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Other
- Start Date: 09/19/2022
- Salary Range: TBD
- Working Hours: In office flexible days and hours