HCA Healthcare Hope Fund
Grant Specialist – Contract
HCA Healthcare Hope Fund
The Grants Specialist receives reviews and determines grant awards totaling over $10M for more than 3,500 Hope Fund applications annually. The Grants Specialist works with HR Leaders, applicants, and Grants Managers to educate on funding guidelines, secure supporting documentation, and move applications through the granting process to ensure the highest level of service delivery and equity. Specialist analyzes research and approves applications for final funding, considering recommendations from the facility Grant Leader when available.
Exercises broad discretion while independently reviewing and approving HCA Hope Fund grant requests from facilities. Uses judgment to determine the final grant amount while considering program guidelines and the unique needs of an individual application. Can recommend/approve assistance beyond current guidelines as situations warrant and in the Grant Specialist determination. Responds to applicant and facility requests for information; request additional information from applicants and/or facilities as needed to process applications. Declines grant request determined not eligible for assistance.
Case Management Review & Approval (90%)
- Manage implementation of the grant program and determine grant approval/declination; ensure requests are reviewed within 2-3 business days upon receipt.
- Specialists will dedicate time to assist applicants in understanding their full financial needs and gather documentation to demonstrate the need.
- Communicate with applicants and HR Leaders regarding the status of requests, documentation needs, and post-grant-making follow-up.
- Provides direct support to HR Leaders on grant programs and assistance available
- Specialists will work to convert declined applications due to incomplete documentation into approved funding requests.
- Interface with HR Leaders and HR systems including Lawson, Time Away from Work, Employee Assistance Program, and the HR Service Center
- Utilize a referral system to connect applicants to internal and external resources
Grants Administration (10%)
- Serves as the first point of contact for Hope Fund applicants among employee users. Results in 15-20 calls & emails per day as to questions and status requests.
- The specialist will track pending and open requests on a daily basis and make follow-up phone calls and emails to the HR Leader and applicants as to the status of submitted documentation and/or review.
- Manage day-to-day requests for assistance in the grant management system.
- Document process as needed and adhere to auditing compliance and standards
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent additional experience required
- Experience in case management, data administration, or other relevant field
- Exceptional attention to detail and organization skills
- Ability to proactively prioritize needs and effectively manage internal and external resources
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; capable of interfacing with multiple departments and external customers
- Ability to think independently and creatively to advocate for the best solutions for each applicant.
Contract – 40 hours/week
Term – 3-4 months
How to Apply
Please attach a cover letter with your current resume and send it to email@example.com
- Date Posted: October 17, 2023
- Type: Contract / Temp
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 12/04/2023
- Salary Range: TBD
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/week; M-F 8:00 am-5:00pm