Catholic Charities of Tennessee
Grant Management Specialist
Catholic Charities of Tennessee
The Grant Management Specialist plays a key role in the grant writing and development process. The employee must be able to write coherent, organized, and compelling proposals. This position is responsible for tracking agency grants throughout the lifespan of the grant, managing grants calendar, and collaborating with partner organizations and team members within the organization to assist with grant research and data tracking. All projects require someone who is deadline-driven, team oriented, with strong multitasking abilities, and ability to work under pressure.
This position is fulltime, based in Nashville, and is located at the Catholic Pastoral Center located at 2806 McGavock Pike, Nashville, TN 37214. Hours are Monday through Friday, between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., but flexibility is required.
- Research, reporting, and management of the agency grants calendar.
- Process management, maintenance, and tracking of grant applications.
- Developing relationships and collaborating with key stakeholders.
- Assist or lead the writing, submitting, and management of grant proposals.
- Identifying and supporting opportunities that lead to new grant awards.
- Displaying adherence to the organization’s mission.
- Maintaining proficient knowledge of organization’s history and programs.
- Assisting with the execution of the agency’s grant acquisition strategy.
- Maintain all records of contracts, applications, and supporting documentation.
- Knowledge and oversight of all grant stipulations ensuring agency fulfills scope of work required by agreement and all local, state, and federal guidelines and/or requirements are followed.
- Managing and participating in multiple, concurrent grant requirements.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365, MS Teams and Salesforce.
- Maintains a cooperative relationship between the agency and other nonprofit and public sector service providers.
- Evaluates activity effectiveness and recommends changes.
- Ensures that grant related departmental records, reports, site visits/monitoring visits, and backup documentation are maintained.
- Analyzes and reports on activities on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in creative writing or related field
- 2+ years grant writing experience
- Knowledge/experience in the field of data collection and analysis, grant management, and institutional and corporate foundations
- Knowledge/experience with social service programs for residents of Nashville and Middle Tennessee.
Other Skills or Requirements:
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Must be detail oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Exercises good judgment.
- Ability to handle confidential information with professionalism.
- Shows initiative and works well independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability, interest, and willingness to work with diverse staff and clients.
- Ability to prepare reports, develop grant proposals, and work within established budgets.
- Proficient with measuring and reaching goals.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Paid time off and thirteen (13) paid holidays
- 403b plan with company match
- Health insurance, vision, and dental coverage.
- Employee Assistance Program & Wellness support
- Voluntary benefits
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send a resume and a cover letter detailing interest, desired salary, and available start date to: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Apply/1294014/CATHOLIC-CHARITIES-OF-TENNESSEE-INC/Grant-Management-Specialist
Catholic Charities of Tennessee is an equal opportunity employer. Catholic Charities does not discriminate in regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Satisfactory completion of a background and reference check is required.
- Date Posted: December 20, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Working Hours: 37.5 hrs/wk