Agape Animal Rescue and Training Center
Agape Animal Rescue and Training Center
Exciting job opportunity with a growing not-for-profit animal rescue based in Middle Tennessee. This position will increase cash flow and develop new donor relation strategies to ensure ongoing and sustainable revenue to support the mission of finding loving homes for dogs that have been abused, abandoned, surrendered or at risk for shelter euthanasia. You will work with the Development Team to accomplish financial goals, facilitate multiple fundraising opportunities throughout the year, and cultivate an active and diversified base of donors. If you are a creative, self-motivated, enthusiastic animal lover with a strong talent for effective donor development and a passion for developing and implementing new fundraising efforts, Agape Animal Rescue & Training Center is ready for you!
- Execute an annual fundraising plan in coordination with Development Team with emphasis on cultivating new donors and monthly recurring gifts.
- Solicit gifts and sponsorships through one-on-one meetings with donors or in conjunction with other staff or board members in-person, by phone or other means to explain the mission, needs, and purpose of the rescue.
- Manage community giving campaigns and direct donor appeals through direct mail, social media and email from creation to delivery.
- Develop relationships with current philanthropic donors while practicing excellent donor stewardship for long-term relationships.
- Support Development Team in all areas of fundraising.
- Passion for the organization’s mission.
- Strategic self-starter. Self-motivated to meet and exceed fundraising goals.
- Able to establish and maintain collaborative relationships to meet business objectives.
- Ability to persuasively communicate clearly, professionally and informatively.
- Understand unique needs and relationships with donors and volunteer community, align work with strategic goals, complete administrative tasks, and develop strategies to achieve organizational goals.
- Follow instructions, take responsibility for own actions; keep commitments, ability to maintain confidence when necessary.
- Maintain positive relationships with staff and volunteers. Balance team and individual responsibilities, exhibit objectivity and openness to others’ views, able to build morale and group commitment to goal, supports everyone’s efforts, willingness to negotiate and compromise.
Experience: Demonstrated fundraising achievements with track record of successfully asking for and closing gifts and ensuring a positive experience for donors. Strong interpersonal and writing skills. Personal dog ownership.
Education: Industry certification or related college degree preferred.
Technical Skills: Ability to work with donor and fundraising software (Neon), skilled with social media platforms, Microsoft Office, and Google docs. Preferred experience with Canva, Trello, and Emma.
Work Location: Approximately 50% work from home and 50% in-person participation at adoption events, special events, monthly staff meetings, donor cultivation, and Development Team meetings. Some weekend and evening work required.
Success: A successful person in this role will bring knowledge of nonprofit fundraising in a related capacity, display tact and gravitas with donors and stakeholders, contribute meaningfully to the team’s strategic approach to donor stewardship and acquisition, and take ownership of shaping this new position. Accomplishments will be measured by the size, diversity and frequency of gifts, the maintenance of the existing donor pool, the expansion of donors AND by developing constructive and effective relationships with people.
Benefits: Work from home and flex time available. Paid vacation, sick leave, pet bereavement leave, and paid holidays and birthday plus a monthly mental health support stipend. Life Insurance.
How to Apply
Send resume and donor communication sample (solicitation letter, appreciation letter, campaign support request, etc.) to email@example.com. Bonus if you share a picture of your dog and brag!
- Date Posted: January 20, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Animal Welfare
- Start Date: 02/13/2023
- Working Hours: 40