Girls, Inc. Specialist, Part-Time
The Girls Inc. Specialist must provide high quality Girls Inc. programing for students in Metro Nashville Public Schools and identified communities. The Girls Inc. Specialist shall possess a working knowledge of youth development and able to teach experiential, research-based workshops for youth with Girls Inc.’s mission at the cornerstone of instruction.
Relationships and Contacts
Within the organization: Maintains frequent and close professional relationships with immediate peers and immediate supervisor.
Outside the organization: Maintains frequent and close professional relationships with clients, vendors and school officials.
- Facilitates creative, experiential Girls Inc. workshops in accordance with MNPS standards, maintains appropriate staff-student ratio.
- Helps to plan and implement the Girls Inc. Experience through camps, retreats, workshops, field trips, and variety of other avenues.
- Tracks, maintains and inputs daily attendance, student retention and other statistical reports and outcomes as required.
- Creates and maintains a safe learning environment that is student-centered, mission-focused and accessible to a diverse student body.
- Maintains confidential student records in compliance with state and local regulations.
- Works in collaboration with school staff to recruit, enroll and provide program orientation for youth in targeted schools.
- Actively participates in team meetings, All Staff meetings other meetings as required.
- Provides family outreach, involving parents in student after-school experience through regular communications.
- Manifests a belief in the value and potential of every student.
- Provides training and supervision to program volunteers.
- Continuously improves professional development.
- Monitors daily snacks provided to participants.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in education, social services or related field and a minimum of two years of experience teaching or facilitating with youth.
- Tolerant to various noise levels: noise level in the work environment varies – may be very quiet or extremely loud.
- Ability to interact with a diverse population.
- Ability to talk, listen, travel between areas, reach, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch
Position requires incumbent to have a valid driver’s license, vehicle insurance and a clear driving record for the last three years. Must be certified in CPR and first aid.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated success in group facilitation and public speaking.
- Bilingual skills preferred.
- Successful collaborative skills working with a variety of diverse groups.
- High follow through with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Good interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Strong computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office and social media.
- Goal oriented with the ability to work as a part of the team and independently.
- Customer service focused.
- Excellent conflict resolution and de-escalation skills.
- Willingness to support the mission of the YWCA and ability to convey its importance both verbally and in writing.
YWCA Nashville & Middle Tennessee reserves the rights to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the organization desires. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including essential duties, to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship remains “At-Will.” The aforementioned job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities.
How to Apply
Apply using this link: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=78235&clientkey=75324105F162349CC419382B93E8056D
- Date Posted: April 6, 2022
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 04/07/2022
- Working Hours: 15 hrs/wk; M-F