YWCA Nashville & Middle Tennessee
Girls Inc Specialist
YWCA Nashville & Middle Tennessee
Details of the role:
The Girls Inc. Specialist will provide high quality Girls Inc. programming for students in Metro Nashville Public Schools and identified communities. The Girls Inc. Specialists shall possess a working knowledge of youth development and have the ability to teach experiential, research-based workshops for youth with Girls Inc.’s mission at the cornerstone of instruction.
- Facilitates creative, experiential Girls Inc. workshops in accordance with MNPS standards, maintains appropriate staff-student ratio.
- Helps to plan and implement the Girls Inc. Experience through camps, retreats, workshops, field trips, and a variety of other avenues.
- Tracks, maintains and inputs daily attendance, student retention and other statistical reports and outcomes as required.
- Creates and maintains a safe learning environment that is student-centered, mission-focused and accessible to a diverse student body.
- Maintains confidential student records in compliance with state and local regulations.
- Works in collaboration with school staff to recruit, enroll and provide program orientation for youth in targeted schools.
- Actively participates in team meetings, All Staff meetings and other meetings as required.
- Provides family outreach, involving parents in student after-school experience through regular communications.
- Manifests a belief in the value and potential of every student.
- Provides training and supervision to program volunteers.
- Continuously improves professional development.
- Monitors daily snacks provided to participants.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in education, social services or related field and a minimum of two years of experience teaching or facilitating with youth.
- Tolerant to various noise levels: noise level in the work environment varies – may be very quiet or extremely loud.
- Ability to interact with a diverse background.
- Ability to talk, listen, travel between areas, reach, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Position requires the incumbent to have a valid driver’s license, vehicle insurance and a clear driving record for the last three years.
- Must be certified in CPR and first aid.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated success in group facilitation and public speaking.
- Bilingual skills preferred.
- Successful collaborative skills working with a variety of diverse groups.
- High follow through with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Good interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Strong computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office and social media.
- Goal oriented with the ability to work as a part of the team and independently.
- Customer service focused.
- Excellent conflict resolution and de-escalation skills.
- Strong belief in the YWCA and ability to convey its importance.
Eliminating racism and empowering women is the mission of the YWCA Nashville. Work with us and receive:
- 10 Paid Holidays.
- Employer Paid Medical.
- Employer Paid Long Term Disability.
- Parental Leave.
- 2 Floating Holidays.
- Employer Paid Vision.
- Employer Paid $25K Life.
- Health Reimbursement.
How to Apply
For faster consideration, please use the link below!
- Date Posted: October 19, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 10/20/2022
- Salary Range: 17.00-17.99/hour
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk