Nashville Rescue Mission
Nashville Rescue Mission
Hope Lives Here! At Nashville Rescue Mission, you’ll be empowered to influence and impact lives. Join our team today!
Nashville Rescue Mission is actively seeking a full-time Gifts-in-Kind Supervisor to join our team. Are you the right person?
The Gifts-in-Kind Supervisor serves as a key member of Nashville Rescue Mission’s staff responsible for accepting, documenting, sorting, and securing all donations brought to the donation center and loading dock area. The Gifts-in-Kind Supervisor must be an innovative leader with strong management skills and have an understanding of Nashville Rescue Mission’s purpose and message. Upholds the Mission Statement of Faith and Code of Conduct at all times.
- Responsible for performing probationary, mid-year and year-end employee evaluations for all direct reports.
- Greets each donor and accepts each donation.
- Thanks and offers a receipt to each donor.
- Completes a receipt for every donation.
- Ensures that all monetary donations are put in the lock box.
- Examines, sorts, and determines which donations are for immediate consumption (i.e., kitchen), distribution, or storage and ensures their delivery to the appropriate location.
- Keeps unauthorized personnel out of the donation area.
- Trains and supervises all staff, program participants, and volunteers on Gifts-in-Kind policy and procedures
- Maintains the cleanliness and safety of the donation and loading dock area.
- Monitors and oversees the trash compactor and schedules disposal when needed.
- Drives Mission truck/van to help with donation pick-ups when needed.
Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Moderate reading and writing skills; typing/computer usage; proficient interpersonal relations and communicative skills; working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to qualify as a designated Mission vehicle driver under Nashville Rescue Mission insurance policy:
- Valid Tennessee drivers license
- Have no more than two moving violations in a 3 year period or more than one accident in a 1 year period
- Proof of current insurance on personal vehicle
- Physical driving test
Physical Factors: Ability to stand, reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, climbing stairs, push and pull items weighing 50 pounds or less; manual dexterity; auditory and visual skills; ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures.
HEALTH BENEFITS, TIME AWAY FROM WORK, LIFE INSURANCE AND MORE
Eligible employees have medical plan options that give you the flexibility to choose the coverage that is right for you. Plans include a Health Savings Account with both employee and employer contributions. Telemedicine services are also available with all plans. You can also enroll in Dental and Vision plans.
Nashville Rescue Mission offers a generous Paid Time Off policy that allows new employees up to 27 days off their first year (pro-rated based on start date) for relaxation, holidays and to care for themselves or a family member in times of illness.
When life is getting difficult, it can help to talk with a professional. That’s why we have a Chaplain on staff as well as offer free counseling and referral services through the Employee Assistance Program.
As part of the Nashville Rescue Mission family, you can also enjoy other company-paid benefits like life insurance and short and long-term disability.
STUDENT LOAN FORGIVENESS
Created under the College Cost Reduction and Access Act of 2007, Public Service Loan Forgiveness allows borrowers who work full-time for nonprofits to have their outstanding debt forgiven tax-free on Federal Direct Loans, after making 120 qualifying monthly payments under a qualifying repayment plan.
Let us help you save for the future. Nashville Rescue Mission contributes 3% of an employee’s earnings after they have completed their first year of service. If you decide to contribute to the plan as well, you will enjoy a 50% match on contributions from 1% to 6%.
How to Apply
Nashville Rescue Mission is a Christ-centered community dedicated to providing hope for today, hope for tomorrow, and hope for eternity to the hungry, homeless, and hurting in Middle Tennessee.
We are always looking for extremely talented individuals to join our growing team of men and women who are focused on helping the homeless and hungry in our community. To apply, please click here.
- Date Posted: February 14, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Salary Range: $20.11 - $25.14
- Working Hours: Monday: 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.; Tuesday - Friday: 7:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.