Gift Shop Sales Associate
Job Title: Gift Shop Sales Associate
Job Type: Part Time Staff, 15 to 20 hours per week
Supervisor: Executive Director
Job Purpose: Staffing small museum gift shop. Duties include: ordering, pricing, inventory management, visual merchandising, sales and new products.
- Ringing up cash register transactions for admissions and museum shop purchases
- Reordering & pricing merchandise
- Entering merchandise into inventory/point of purchase system
- Working with staff and visitors to create sales
- Answering the telephone and greeting guests at the front door when needed
- Participating in special events hosted at the mansion by providing gift shop support
- Participating in staff meetings and training sessions
- Ability to share with guests the mansion’s history, early Nashville and Civil War history. Training will be provided.
- Other duties as assigned
Experience: Previous retail experience. Customer service experience needed. Museum or history organization experience helpful.
Education: High school degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Working Conditions: Standing and walking while working on shop floor; climbing stairs; adherence to professional dress code; wearing name tag required. Position works for the Belmont Mansion Association, not Belmont University.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong customer services skills and commitment
- Proven sales experience and success
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated with an ability to identify opportunities for maximizing sales
- Excellent interpersonal skills for working with other mansion staff and guests
- Ability to be part of a positive team environment
- Adept with Point of Sales systems
- Adept with Microsoft Office software and Apple iOS
How to Apply
Please direct any questions, your resume, and cover letter to Mark Brown, email@example.com
- Date Posted: June 7, 2021
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Arts / Culture