Hands On Nashville
Hands On Nashville
The GeekCause Coordinator (Coordinator) leads Hands On Nashville’s (HON) GeekCause program, an initiative that matches talented techies with community partners in need of their services. The coordinator builds relationships with nonprofits and volunteers, facilitates all elements of the project process, and guides program development in order to build capacity for area agencies and provide meaningful skills-based service opportunities for volunteers.
About Hands On Nashville
We build capacity for individuals and agencies to meet needs through volunteerism. Our programs connect volunteers to opportunities supporting 200-plus nonprofits, schools, and other civic organizations.
Our team members:
- Care for each other, our city, and ourselves. We listen, learn, and act to effect change.
- Thrive in dynamic, fast-paced environments, both independently and when working together.
- Build collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders, with a commitment to inclusiveness, professionalism, and respect.
We believe that Nashville is powered by people of all ages, races, ethnicities, skin tones, sexes, genders, sexualities, religions, abilities, and socioeconomic statuses engaging in service together. This is a city where YOU matter and YOU make a difference. Join us as we tackle the community’s most pressing challenges through service.
- Completes all steps of the skilled volunteer project lifecycle including consultation, volunteer matching, progression through benchmarks, and closeout for GeekCause projects.
- Recruits and trains volunteers to participate in the GeekCause program.
- Proactively conducts outreach to nonprofit organizations who may benefit from the GeekCause program.
- Uses data to evaluate project processes and works with supervisor to implement changes.
- Collaborates with team members to strategically scale-up the GeekCause model to meet community needs
- Supports the biennial Hack for the Community event and Board of Directors GeekCause Committee.
- Other duties as assigned
Universal HON Team Functions (Marginal)
- Represents HON in the community and provides the highest levels of customer service to volunteers, community partners, corporate partners, and all persons encountered during the course of other duties.
- Supports Hands On Nashville fundraising, outreach, and volunteer events.
- Provides volunteer leadership for disaster response activities, corporate projects and special events, as needed.
- Collaborates on the creation of promotional materials, social media content, and other story-telling needs.
- Participates in community volunteer efforts to improve understanding of the volunteer experience and community needs.
- Participates in staff team-building and professional development activities.
- Meticulous attention to detail with the ability to effectively prioritize tasks and projects with competing deadlines.
- Superior capacity to troubleshoot and problem solve.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, with the ability to build relationships and provide exceptional customer service.
- Experience working with multiple technology platforms/tools, with the ability to quickly gain a basic understanding of new tools and solutions.
- Interest or experience in project and/or program management.
- Bachelor’s degree with one year of relevant work experience.
- Criminal history background check clearance.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable access to a vehicle. Staff are reimbursed for work-related mileage.
- Activities may include sitting or standing for long periods of time, as well as up to eight hours per day working at a computer.
- Ability to work occasional nights/weekends and to increase hours during disaster response activities. Some travel may be required.
- 100% employer-paid health insurance
- Affordable dental, vision, disability, and family coverage available
- 403(b) retirement plan with 1% match vested at 3 years’ service
- 15 days of PTO annually
- 10 days sick leave annually
- 40 hours of volunteer time off annually
- HON values our team members’ quality of life, encourages team members to find an effective balance of office-based and work-from-home hours, and allows occasional scheduling flexibility
- Fun, team-based environment
How to Apply
Send a resume and an email describing your interest in the position to Drew Himsworth, Senior Manager of Partner Engagement at email@example.com.
- Date Posted: April 8, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Community Development
- Start Date: 05/02/2022
- Salary Range: 40,000 - 45,000
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M - F