Fund Development Coordinator
The mission of Book’em is to create a more literate Nashville and ignite children’s passion for reading through book ownership and enthusiastic volunteers. We envision a future in Nashville where all children own books and know first-hand the joy and value of reading. For more information about Book’em, please visit www.bookem-kids.org.
To secure sufficient funding to meet Book’em’s organizational and programmatic goals, coordinate donor relations of all types, perform day-to-day fundraising functions, and collaborate with staff, board and volunteers to fulfill our mission.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create an annual fund development strategy with feedback and assistance from the fund development board committee.
- Implement, update, and track fund development progress with assistance from the fund development board committee.
- Cultivate and manage relationships with all funding partners, including: individual donors, companies, foundations, and organizations. Develop and implement communication and engagement strategies to maintain relationships.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement all fundraising campaigns throughout the year: annual fundraiser, end of year annual direct mail solicitation, The Big Payback, Spring direct mail letter solicitation, Giving Tuesday, Read Me Day Celebrations, and any other fund development related campaigns.
- Manage and update donor management database (Little Green Light). Track donations and donors and generate fund development reports for internal and board use.
- Attend networking and community events on a regular basis to represent Book’em and cultivate new connections.
- Send out and coordinate thank you notes to all donors. Update thank you messages, graphics, and mailing addresses.
- Serve as the Book’em staff liaison for the Young Professionals Board. Provide insights into Book’em needs and support officers in coordinating meetings and events.
- Assist with foundation related research, applications, relationships, and reports.
- Create and send out Book’em annual report with assistance from staff.
- Provide staff with content for regular communication plans, including monthly e-newsletter, website, and social media.
- Assist with operations, technology, marketing, social media, office functions, books, volunteers, and other duties as needed; and assist other staff members and board of directors as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong project planning, time management, team management, and organizational skills.
- Excellent English language skills: oral, written, reading, as well as strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and proactively without daily instruction, as well as ability to work well with a team.
- Must be comfortable working with a diverse population of volunteers, educators, business leaders, and individuals.
- Strong presentation, facilitation, and social media skills.
- Ability to compile and analyze data, meet deadlines, and handle details well.
- Proficient or advanced use of Microsoft Office programs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Publisher and ability to quickly learn other software programs, including donor management software (Little Green Light) and email marketing software (Emma).
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance is required. Use of personal vehicle will be required at times.
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree.
- One to three years of work experience in fund development, grant writing, children’s literacy/books, project management, non-profit, or related field.
Environmental Conditions and Physical Demands
- Above moderate physical activity.
- Manual dexterity to reach/handle items, work with fingers and perceive attributes of objects and materials.
- Ability to lift and move up to 25 pounds.
- Employee is required to stand, walk, sit, climb, and balance.
- Final candidate must pass a thorough background check.
Full time position: 40 hours per week, primarily during normal weekday business hours (between 8am-5pm Monday through Friday) with some early mornings, evenings, and weekends required. Flexible schedule possible. Some remote work possible.
Pay Rate and Benefits
Annual pay between $30,000 and $40,000. Position is considered an hourly employee working full-time. No health/medical benefits are available through Book’em. Paid time off for holidays, vacation, and personal time included. Flexible schedule possible. Some remote work possible.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please email the following to Melissa Spradlin at email@example.com.
- a cover letter describing how you are qualified for this position, why you are interested in it and confirmation that the pay rate, hours and schedule will work for you
- your resume
- Date Posted: October 12, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 12/01/2021
- Salary Range: $30,000-$40,000 annually
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M-F, 8:30am - 5:00pm