Fun Company Program Operations Director
YMCA of Middle Tennessee
Consistent with the Christian mission and vision of the YMCA of Middle TN, and in cooperation with other YMCA staff, under the direction of the Vice President of SAS, the Operations Director is a leader and driver of the YMCA of Middle Tennessee School Age Services before and after-school programs and summer program initiatives in Rutherford, Sumner and Montgomery Counties. S/he is responsible for creating a culture of excellence by modeling responsibility, accountability and critical thinking behaviors in the School Age Service operations of assigned areas. S/he must provide executive leadership and vision to coordinate school age sites, specialty programs, and budget under a centralized operation and will raise the school age programs to the next level by building a strong, efficient team, improving quality and ensuring program growth. The Program Operations Director is an expert in the field with a proven track record of driving quality results in a dynamic and multi-faceted organization and must understand the basic concepts, vision and mission of the YMCA to ensure the successful operation of all facets of these programs and the development of new program initiatives including staff leadership and development, financial development, community relations, collaborations, partnerships and policy, budgeting and financial results.
- Model the YMCA core values: Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
- Creates a structure to deliver SAS organizational wide results and directs the day to day operations of school age programs, including organization, supervision, fiscal management, financial development, program administration and growth, and school/community development and collaboration.
- Coordinates the development and management of SAS programs to the meet the needs of the community that ensures a high level of service with a commitment to improving lives.
- Must be knowledgeable of and able to articulate strategies to support educational objectives and best practices for before and after care experiences.
- Builds authentic relationships with current school partnerships, county director of schools and school sites to increase participant enrollment on a yearly basis.
- Initiates the development of relationships with influential leaders (Principal, Superintendent, DHS Licensing Supervisor, DCS and Out of School Services Department) to impact and strengthen the community. Educate, meet and inform them on a regular basis
- Represents SAS on community boards and/or task teams and effectively communicates the benefits of the Y’s before and after school program.
- Responsible for effectively communicating and analyzing complex problems including staff concerns, parent complaints and school relationships; models relationship-building skills in all interactions with staff, participants and parents
- Supervise the Curriculum Specialist to ensure curriculum materials are innovative, aligned with educational standards, are age appropriate and easily accessible.
- Provides leadership, direction, oversight, feedback and support to Program Specialist and Area Coordinators in the assigned regions to accomplish goals and objectives of program areas.
- Ensures each SAS program is in compliance with DHS, YMCA, DCS and school policies and procedures.
- Visits and evaluates assigned sites for quality and implementation of program objectives, minimum of twice a year (and summer)
- Oversees and ensures enrollment in before and after school programs, breaks, and Summer Adventure programs; monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of programs; embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better participant experience.
- Evaluates participation in break (fall, Christmas, spring) programs and summer programs, compiles program statistics, and establishes a data system that identifies and tracks outcomes of program participants.
- Based on determined need and research, redesigns programs to increase participation and enrollment.
- Works in conjunction with the healthy living team to execute health strategies and embrace new approaches and discovers ideas to create better participant experience.
- Follows budgeting policies and procedures and reports all financial irregularities. Develops and manages an annual budget with the Executive Director and Program Specialists that reflects program goals and needs, and meets the timelines and criteria to meet budget goals. Reviews weekly and monitors monthly revenue and expenses and prepare forecasts for year-end. As well as write variance reports with action plans to achieve or surpass goals.
- Passion, enthusiasm, and commitment to the mission and cause of the YMCA
- Superior supervisory skills, communication and conflict resolution skills, and the ability to inspire and motivate staff, volunteers, members and participants to develop an effective team and create a culture of service
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community
- Knowledge and expertise in Child and Youth Development, programming and DHS
- Knowledge of CACFP Program Requirements
- Must present a professional image and possess and demonstrate sound judgment, independent thinking, and initiative
- Must be able to adapt to a continually evolving environment and thrive in an autonomous and deadline oriented workplace
- Highly organized with the ability to work under pressure and handle multiple tasks
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other software programs, as well as the ability to use most office equipment
- Ability to travel to multiple locations and ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends
- Minimum 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree in education, social work or related field preferred
- Minimum five years’ experience successfully directing programs and administration, with substantial responsibility for the development, delivery and management of school age programs, to include at least of three years directly supervising multiple staff
- Strong fiscal management skills and demonstrable, successful budget management experience
- Multilingual preferred
- Before start of 1st shift: New Hire Orientation training
- Within two weeks of hire or before 1st shift with children (whichever comes first): Basic CPR/ First Aid/ AED
For more info on benefits and working for the YMCA of Middle TN, please visit our careers page.
How to Apply
Click HERE to apply online!
- Date Posted: February 25, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 04/01/2020
- Salary Range: 57,362 - 71,702
- Working Hours: M-F, typically 8am-5pm