Benton Hall Academy
Full-Time Substitute Teacher
Benton Hall Academy
The Full-Time Substitute Teacher will support Benton Hall Academy staff and students with reliable, professional, consistent support and instruction, in both whole group and small group settings. There will be some one-on-one student tutoring opportunities in math, reading, language arts, science, and social studies in grades 3-12. The substitute teacher will also be available to supervise/monitor students throughout the building and/or school grounds when necessary, as well as supplementing/supporting teachers and administrators as needed during the school day.
The Full-Time Substitute Teacher performs a wide array of duties which may include all or some of the following:
- Work cooperatively with classroom teachers implementing daily lesson plans for students including, but not limited to teaching/leading any respective class of students when a teacher is absent, supplementing/co-teaching as warranted, and/or “pull-outs” for students requiring remedial attention or enhanced enrichment opportunities.
- Accept direction from school administrators regarding specific daily tasks aligned to individual student and teacher needs.
- Supervision of students in less structured settings, such as the lunchroom, recess/physical activity time, and arrival/dismissal.
- Maintaining a positive and professional yet amicable rapport with staff and students.
- Listening to student concerns or challenges and encouraging problem-solving skills/strategies to resolve conflicts involving faculty or peers.
- Collaborate/cooperate with parents when necessary to better ensure success/progress for students.
- In the current health environment, the substitute teacher must be Covid-conscious, adhere to local school-wide safety protocols, and willing to wear a mask over the mouth and nose at all times until further notice.
- Lead or assist on-line, remote classroom instruction via a Google Classroom platform if/when virtual classes are necessary due to illnesses and/or community/state restrictions impacting/limiting in-person learning.
- Bachelors Degree preferred with minimum of two year’s experience in education/working with elementary, middle, and/or high school-aged students.
- Should be proficient using technology as a means of electronic communication and as an instructional tool.
- Ability to prioritize, plan, and accomplish tasks with minimal supervision.
- Desire to work cooperatively with fellow educators, as well as compassionately with students of varying ages and ability levels.
- Capability to think creatively and differentiate learning.
- Strong organizational skills, energetic, and positive attitude.
- Personal qualities of integrity, conscientiousness, and a commitment to improving student aptitude and proficiencies across the curriculum.
- Position is Full-Time, with insurance benefit option.
- Salary range is open/based upon experience.
How to Apply
- Email cover letter detailing interest and a resume to email@example.com
- Date Posted: July 30, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Educator
- Service Area: Education
- Start Date: 08/16/2021
- Salary Range: Open
- Working Hours: 37.5 hrs/wk, M-F, 7:45am - 3:15pm