Full Time Statewide Hotline Specialist
Sexual Assault Center
The Sexual Assault Center is launching TN’s first Statewide Sexual Assault Hotline in July 2020. We are looking for team members who want to be a part of building this critical resource for Tennesseans. If you are passionate about providing excellent service and support to survivors in crisis and building a culturally responsive resource to help survivors feel seen and heard, please apply to join our team!
Position: Statewide Hotline Specialist (Training/Volunteer Specialist)
Purpose: To work the TN Statewide Sexual Assault Hotline, develop/present hotline trainings, and assist with the volunteer network
Reports to: Statewide Hotline Coordinator
Expectations: Provide coverage for TN Statewide Sexual Assault Hotline and enhance hotline training materials
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Statewide Hotline Coverage
- Provide on-call and chat based coverage for the Statewide Hotline
- Stay up-to-date on SAC’s and statewide services and procedures
- Work with hotline callers to ensure their safety and provide necessary crisis interventions
- Connect callers with the most appropriate and culturally responsive resources available
- Coordinate emergency services for suicidal callers and/or clients in immediate danger
- Collect and record data for each hotline intervention handled
- Encourage mutual accountability with hotline team and coordinate shift transitions
- Enhance current statewide directory to improve and diversify resources offered to callers
- Conduct a statewide environmental scan of resources that are available to victims and survivors of sexual assault
- Update a needs assessment that describes sexual assault short term, crisis intervention needs throughout the state based on geographic location (East, Middle, and West Tennessee)
- Participate in on-going community relationships with programs across Tennessee
- Research existing local hotlines to develop new partnerships and expand hotline coverage
Training and Volunteer Management
- Enhance current hotline training manual and training process
- Stay up-to-date on latest developments in trauma informed procedures, crisis intervention, and other hotline related skills
- Create training materials to onboard new hotline staff and supplement the continued education of current staff
- Develop digital and other training measures focused on increasing accessibility and flexibility of training program
- Recruit, engage, and retain an active volunteer base
- Organize recurring volunteer training opportunities
- Bring awareness to the hotline through outreach activities
Administrative Tasks & Training
- Participate in on-going training and professional growth activities
- Stay current with administrative duties
- Familiarity with sexual assault dynamics, trauma informed response, and crisis intervention is required
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Comfort assessing and intervening in crisis situations is required
- Knowledge of designing and implementing learning and skill building opportunities
- Comfort with public speaking, training, and presentation skills
- Experience engaging and organizing volunteers
- Ability to be organized and detail oriented while being flexible is required
- Ability to work independently and among teams is required
- Possession of excellent relationship building skills is required
- Understanding of culturally responsive care and experience working with diverse communities and in marginalized populations is strongly preferred
- Bilingual candidates preferred
- Desire to be part of a growing and changing team
Minimum of a bachelor’s degree that encompasses skills of research and data evaluation. Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in a human service related field is preferred. At least 1 year of relevant crisis services experience preferred. Relevant professional experience can be in lieu of educational requirements.
Full-Time/salary; rotational s chedule including nights and weekends. Requirement to be based in the greater Nashville area. Position will be mostly remote with the expectation of some of time spent on site at the Sexual Assault Center in Nashville. Due to remote nature, comfort with digital and video based communications is a must.
This is a benefits eligible position.
S.A.C. values diversity and inclusivity. We welcome all applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, culture, ethnicity, religious and spiritual beliefs or practices, expression, political views or affiliations, and abilities.
S.A.C. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
How to Apply
Please submit your completed application by May 15th. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Send Cover Letter and Resume to:Alex Skarzynski Statewide Hotline Coordinator Sexual Assault Center 101 French Landing Nashville, TN 37228 Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Posted: May 5, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Start Date: 06/08/2020
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk