Benton Hall Academy
Full-Time High School Math/Science Teacher
Benton Hall Academy
The Full-Time High School Math/Science Teacher will support Benton Hall Academy staff and students with reliable, professional, consistent support and instruction, in both whole group and small group settings. There will be some one-on-one student tutoring opportunities in math and science in grades 9-12. The high school Math/Science teacher will also be available to host a high school homeroom and/or supervise/monitor students throughout the building and/or school grounds when necessary, as well as supplementing/supporting teachers and administrators as needed during the school day.
The Full-Time High School Math/Science Teacher performs a wide array of duties which may include all or some of the following:
- Work cooperatively/collaboratively with peer high school subject area teachers implementing daily accommodations/modifications for students, as needed, in any of the subject areas including Algebra I, Algebra II, Geometry, Trigonometry, Biology, Ecology, and/or Chemistry/Physics.
- Accept direction from school administrators regarding specific daily tasks aligned to individual student and teacher needs.
- Supervision of students in less structured settings, such as the lunchroom, recess/physical activity time, and arrival/dismissal.
- Maintaining a positive and professional yet amicable rapport with staff and students.
- Listening to student concerns or challenges and encouraging problem-solving skills/strategies to resolve conflicts involving faculty or peers.
- Collaborate/cooperate with parents when necessary to better ensure success/progress for students.
- In the current health environment, the full-time High School Math/Science teacher must be Covid-conscious, adhere to local school-wide safety protocols, and be willing to wear a mask over the mouth and nose at all times when mandated by the Davidson County Health Department and/or Benton Hall Academy administrators.
- Lead or assist online, remote classroom instruction via a Google Classroom platform if/when virtual classes are necessary due to illnesses and/or community/state restrictions impacting/limiting in-person learning.
- Bachelors Degree preferred with a minimum of two years experience in education/working with elementary, middle, but especially high school-aged students.
- Minimum of two year’s experience preferred teaching some or all of the High School subject areas of Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, Biology, Ecology, and/or Chemistry/Physics
- Should be proficient in using technology as a means of electronic communication and as an instructional and/or assessment tool.
- Ability to prioritize, plan, and accomplish tasks with minimal supervision.
- Desire to work cooperatively with fellow educators, as well as compassionately with students of varying ages and ability levels.
- Effectively manage a classroom of diverse learners and build relationships with those students.
- Capability to think creatively and differentiate instructional learning.
- Strong organizational skills, energetic, and positive attitude.
- Personal qualities of integrity, conscientiousness, and a commitment to improving student aptitude and proficiencies across the curriculum.
- Position is Full-Time, with insurance benefit option.
- Salary range is open/based upon experience.
How to Apply
- Email cover letter detailing interest and a resume to email@example.com
- Date Posted: December 9, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Educator
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 01/04/2021
- Salary Range: Open
- Working Hours: Working Hours: 7:45 AM – 3:15 PM, 5 Days Per Week