Sexual Assault Center
Full-Time Clinical Therapist
Sexual Assault Center
Purpose: Provide direct clinical support to clients including crisis intervention, therapy, advocacy, psychoeducation and referrals to support healing from the impact of sexual assault in their lives
Reports to: Clinical Director
- Provide quality and effective trauma-informed therapy, both individual and group, to a variety of clients impacted by sexual assault/abuse. This can include clients at SAC as well as clients at MOU partners including Magdalene/Thistle Farms, Cherished HEARTS Court, Office of Family Safety and Nashville Children’s Alliance.
- Maintain a full caseload of clients seeking therapeutic services.
- Keep accurate client records and complete appropriate documentation in a timely manner.
- Support peers by participating in weekly Clinical Team meetings and case staffing.
- Actively participate in individual clinical supervision.
- Engage in outreach and community-based activities as needed.
- Collaborate with other teams within the Sexual Assault Center, such as intake, advocacy, prevention, training, the SAFE Clinic, and the state-wide crisis line, in support of client needs, and on agency initiatives as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
This position is required to report daily to 101 French Landing Drive, Nashville, TN 37228.
- Education: Graduation from an accredited university or college with a Master’s Degree in Social Work, Counseling, Marriage and Family Therapy, or Psychology, that meets the educational requirements for licensure in the state of Tennessee.
- Minimum of 2 years of post-graduate clinical experience preferred.
- Experience with trauma informed care required.
- Experience with the sexual assault survivor population is preferred.
SAC reserves the right to waive any of the above qualifications dependent on work experience and other qualifying factors.
- Experience and comfort with providing clinical support and care to survivors of sexual assault.
- Ability to provide compassionate, culturally aware and effective care for a diverse population of clients.
- Competence commensurate with experience, providing therapy to clients of various ages, including children, adolescents, and adults.
- Strong self and “we” care strategies to support healthy well-being of self.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to navigate electronic record keeping systems.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
Sexual Assault Center offers excellent paid time off and recognizes 11 holidays throughout the year. SAC provides insurance options including medical, vision, dental, AFLAC, long-term disability, EMDR training, annual professional development, and Clinical Supervision for if you plan to pursue your independent licensure, and 401K.
How to Apply
SAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Sexual Assault Center is committed to building a diverse staff and strongly encourages applications from candidates of color and other prioritized populations.
SAC values diversity and inclusivity. We welcome all applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, culture, ethnicity, religious and spiritual beliefs or practices, political views or affiliations, and abilities.
- Date Posted: October 31, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Clinician
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Salary Range: 45,000
- Working Hours: Monday - Friday, some weekend and evening hours required