YMCA of Middle Tennessee
Full Circle Coordinator – Brentwood YMCA
YMCA of Middle Tennessee
Consistent with the Christian mission and vision of the YMCA of Middle TN, and in cooperation with other YMCA staff, under the direction of the Program Director, the Full Circle Coordinator is responsible for the development and implementation of quality programs and activities for children and youth with special needs. S/he is responsible for the care of – and will interact with – participants during classes and activities.
- Model the YMCA core values: Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
- Act as a role model, exhibit good judgment and ensure a safe and risk free environment at all times while meeting the individual needs of the participants
- Supervise all aspects of the program, including assisting in hiring, training, coaching and any disciplinary action to ensure the program’s success
- Develop, plan and implement activities for members with special needs ages three and up, building them in Spirit, Mind and Body
- Develop and organize sports leagues such as soccer, basketball, kickball, etc.
- Build positive relationships and provide support to parents.
- Recruit and provide technical and educational skills to volunteers
- Represent the YMCA, assist in promoting programs, activities and special events and maintain appropriate relationships with area organizations, community leaders and businesses
- Assist with the Annual Giving Campaign
- Participate in special events, activities, and meetings, including staff meetings, trainings, and assigned committees as requested.
- Assist in the proper maintenance of facilities/equipment and the safety of related program equipment
- Know, understand, and train all emergency procedures; implement safety procedures
- Assist with Full Circle administrative duties including record keeping and gathering grant data
- Attend staff meetings and training sessions
Passion, enthusiasm, and commitment to the mission and cause of the YMCA
Superior supervisory skills and an enthusiastic personality with the ability to inspire and motivate staff, volunteers, members and participants to create a culture of service within our Centers and programs
Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community
- Must present a professional image and possess conflict resolution skills, and demonstrate sound judgment and initiative
- Must be highly organized with the ability to work under pressure and handle multiple tasks
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other software programs, as well as the ability to use most office equipment is required
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Four-year degree or combination of life experience, work experience, and education that demonstrates the abilities to carry out the job functions and responsibilities
- Relevant experience and a strong passion for working with children and adults with diverse abilities
For more information about working for the YMCA of Middle Tennessee, please visit ymcamidtn.org/careers.
How to Apply
Click HERE to apply now!
- Date Posted: May 20, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Salary Range: Starts at $13.56 per hour, depending on experience
- Working Hours: May vary; 40 hours per week