Front Office Lead
Employment status Full Time, Non-Exempt
Hours per week 40
Reports to Patient Relations Manager
The primary objective of the Front Office Lead is to coordinate and oversee activities of the front office and medical receptionists to ensure compassionate and professional care for patients and effective and efficient front office workflow.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and support the activities of the front office and medical receptionists including monitoring the flow of the patient check-in and check-out processes.
- Perform general administrative tasks.
- Organize and assign duties to medical receptionists and monitor daily performance to ensure tasks are completed accurately, efficiently, and timely.
- Work 2-3 clinical shifts per week at the front desk and cover the medical receptionists as needed for lunch breaks, PTO, etc.
- Provide technical support and arrange ongoing IT training as needed to the front desk team.
- Organize and verify scanning of medical and offsite records as well as patient forms to EMR to ensure accuracy.
- Handle appointment tickler (recall) list for volunteer specialists in EMR on a timely manner.
- Lead the medical receptionists in following Siloam’s patient privacy and security protocols for HIPAA compliance.
- Serve as point of contact for mammography bus encounters by coordinating the patient schedule, confirming appointments, arranging for interpreters, preparing medical records, and reporting back to providers after sessions.
- Assist Patient Relations Manager in monthly reporting efforts by auditing and revising patient claims and accounting for general trends in the patient scheduling process.
- Assist Patient Relations Manager in managing appointment scheduling for staff and volunteer providers.
- Establish, maintain, and update written records of front office policies and procedures.
- Establish front office work schedules and request coverage from Patient Relations Manager as needed, including monitoring and managing overtime.
- Assist Patient Relations Manager with the approval process for requested time off for the medical receptionists.
- Assist Patient Relations Manager in evaluating the performance of the front office team including conducting verbal and written performance evaluations as needed.
- Assist with interviews, new hire orientations, and training on front office policies and procedures.
- Prepare tasks for front office volunteers and provide training as needed.
- Identify and recommend solutions to issues raised by the front office team and maintain consistent communication with the Patient Relations Manager and Patient Engagement Specialist (PES).
- Maintain adequate front office supplies by communicating with the Assistant Operations Manager.
- Maintain the appearance and materials in the patient waiting room.
- Assist Patient Relations Manager with patient relations team meetings.
- Maintain excellent communication and effective working relationships with patients, providers, volunteers, and clinical and administrative team members.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma, GED, or other relevant degree required
- Associates Degree or higher preferred
- Two years of front desk experience in a medical office preferred
- Able to work independently, think creatively, and troubleshoot problems with little oversight
- Capable of thinking critically and make decisions with confidence
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing circumstances
- Passionate about Christian ministry to the underserved and in full agreement with Siloam’s mission and core values
- Willingness to serve persons with limited access to healthcare and who are from different cultures and faith beliefs
- High computer literacy and familiarity with MS Office products
- Adherence to OSHA and patient confidentiality requirements
- Ability to work well in a team setting
- Familiarity with medical terminology is preferred
- Bilingual highly preferred (English/Arabic)
Paid time off including holidays, sick leave, personal days, etc.
Life/LTD/AD&D coverage offered
Participation in a Simple IRA after one year of continuous employment
How to Apply
Please visit https://siloamhealth.org/careers and browse the website to learn more about Siloam. If you are excited about partnering with our team and are in agreement with our mission and core values, follow the link to apply and submit a resume and cover letter.
- Date Posted: June 22, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)