AgeWell Middle TN
Front Office & Helpline Coordinator
AgeWell Middle TN
If you enjoy customer service, need a part-time schedule and want to join a friendly, dedicated team, AgeWell Middle Tennessee seeks an individual with excellent people and administrative skills to fill this 20-25 hours per week position at our office located at 3511 Belmont Blvd., Nashville on the campus of Second Presbyterian Church. Key competencies include strong skills in the following areas: verbal and written communication, customer service, attention to detail, work management and prioritization, critical thinking skills, teamwork and understanding of and experience with computer and other office technology.
The Front Office & Helpline Coordinator will join our team as we serve as a trusted community resource for older adults and family caregivers in Middle TN and the area’s catalyst for collaborative solutions to unmet needs. The coordinator will assist with all incoming calls including information and referral calls to our Helpline, greet and coordinate visitors, volunteers and vendors at our office, assist with fundraising events and campaigns including two annual appeal mailings, send donor acknowledgement letters and perform other duties to support the Executive team.
This is a 20-25 hour a week position reporting directly to the Executive Director with office hours from 9:00-2:00. Vacation and sick leave benefits are provided and schedule flexibility may be offered as needed.
The Council on Aging of Greater Nashville dba AgeWell Middle Tennessee is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization supporting older adults and family caregivers. We strive to ensure that the community values, honors and supports older adults and caregivers by addressing unmet needs through information, advocacy and education, and by being a catalyst for comprehensive solutions. AgeWell is a long-standing, trusted community resource for older adults and caregivers, a leading advocate and a convener and catalyst for addressing unmet needs like senior transportation and affordable housing. For more information, please visit our website at www.agewelltn.org.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Answer incoming calls including Helpline information and referral calls from older adults, family members and professionals in a professional and confidential manner
- Serves as office receptionist and keeps the office neat and orderly
- Skilled in computers including Microsoft Office and Google, and experience working with telephones, copiers and other office equipment
- Assists Executive Director in maintaining office files including invoices and donation records
- Maintains telephone, copier, computer and other office equipment in coordination with the Office & Content Manager
- Purchases and organizes needed office supplies
- Provides support as needed for outreach and agency events. This may include mailing invitations, phone calls, reservations, acknowledgements and organizing needed supplies, orders and deliveries
- Assists with preparing/assembling donor appeal mailings, thank you letters/correspondence, and directory ad/sponsor invoices providing assistance to the Development Director
- Performs other duties as assigned to support the Executive team
- Associates degree preferred or 2-3 years relevant administrative and customer service job experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power point, etc.)
- Valid Tennessee driver’s license
- Ability to lift and/or carry up to 25 lbs. Position will require occasional stooping and walking. Majority of the time in a seated position.
Job type and work hours:
- Part-time 20-25 hours per week at AgeWell office, 3511 Belmont Blvd., Nashville, TN 37215
- Monday-Friday; office hours are 9:00am-2:00pm
Part-time employees working at least 20 hours/week receive 11 paid holidays and one personal day, 12 vacation days, 12 sick days per year. Vacation and sick leave are accrued on a monthly basis equivalent to the number of hours worked – this means that 1 day of paid vacation or sick leave for the Office & Helpline Coordinator amounts to 5 hrs per day (as a typical workday for a 25-hr/wk position is 5 hrs per day). Full-time and part-time employees will accrue paid vacation beginning on the first day of hire and will be pro-rated for the calendar year based on starting date. In addition to paid holidays, the AgeWell Executive Committee maintains the option to provide additional paid holidays at the end of the year. Health and retirement benefits are not available to part-time employees working less than 30 hours/week.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
AgeWell Middle TN has a long history of working with and serving a diverse older adult population. In the wake of the pandemic and national movement for racial equity, we have made a commitment to increase diversity, equity, inclusion and justice by intentionally growing our board and staff to more fully represent the diversity of our community. We believe that by doing so, we can better serve the needs of elders and families throughout the Middle TN region. We strongly value a diverse workplace and therefore encourage people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities and veterans to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, AgeWell Middle TN is also committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and job applicants regardless of age, race, color, creed, ancestry, gender, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, sexual preference, and any other status that would violate federal, state or local laws, regulation or ordinance.
How to Apply
Send resume and cover letter detailing your candidacy to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Email subject line should read “AgeWell Front Office & Helpline Coordinator”
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
- Date Posted: May 26, 2022
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Community Development
- Salary Range: $18-$20/hour