The Next Door
Front Office Assistant
The Next Door
The Next Door provides a continuum of evidence-based substance abuse and mental health services for women in an environment of faith and healing to restore hope and a lifetime of recovery.
To act as point of contact for incoming calls and guests, as well as support Operations Department and Support Services Team in daily administrative tasks for The Next Door, Inc. (TND). The schedule for this position is Monday 7am-12pm and Tuesday – Friday 7am-4pm.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties include the following:
- Greet new and existing clients.
- Greet and directs all visitors, vendors, and employment applicants.
- Answer incoming calls and directs to appropriate staff.
- Communicate phone messages/packages to staff.
- Coordinate and communicate daily maintenance and cleaning needs to contract staff.
- Place maintenance calls to vendors as needed.
- Responsible for pickup/sorting/distributing mail.
- Provide additional coverage, as needed.
- Responsible for providing front office orientation for interim coverage.
- Misc. projects for staff (printing labels, print jobs, reformatting documents).
- Provide administrative support to Support Services Team and Operations Department.
- Ensure front office area is clean and presentable at all times.
- Ensure that all policies and procedures of The Next Door, Inc. are followed at all times by residents and volunteers.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or GED required. Exceptional customer service skills required. Minimum 2 years of customer service experience or related experience preferred.
- Possess proficient computer skills Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Valid Driver’s license
All Employees will adhere to the following professional standards:
- Honor the agency mission: The mission of The Next Door is to live out our faith by providing a continuum of evidence-based substance abuse and mental health services for women in an environment of faith and healing to restore hope and a lifetime of recovery.
- Consistently treat residents and co-workers with the utmost respect.
- Keep ALL information regarding staff, residents, diagnosis, group information, etc. confidential at all times.
- Work as a necessary part of the team effort.
- Model ethical and professional behavior at all times.
- Participate in ongoing meetings and trainings as required by the leadership of The Next Door.
- Be creative and assist leadership with ideas for improving the overall quality of the services and environment for the residents of The Next Door.
- Encourage and live the core values of The Next Door, Inc. at all times.
The Next Door offers employer-paid health insurance for employees, PTO, Teledoc, Employee Assistance Program, long-term disability, and a 401K plan.
How to Apply
Visit www.thenextdoor.org, click on “About Us” and “Careers”.
- Date Posted: June 22, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Social / Human Services