Edgehill Neighborhood Partnership
FreeStore Community Resource Leader
Edgehill Neighborhood Partnership
Do you wake up every day passionate about helping your neighbors? Do you enjoy building relationships? Help us create partnerships throughout the city to serve our most vulnerable neighbors by becoming an AmeriCorps member with Edgehill Neighborhood Partnership.
This role is perfect for a member interested in equity, justice, and liberation who values building and maintaining relationships. The FreeStore Community Resource Leader will help neighbors access food, toiletry, and essential household items. This role involves a lot of communication with people from a variety of backgrounds, so someone confident in this skill set is essential.
This AmeriCorps Member will build the capacity of our FreeStore and expand FreeStore locations to high-need neighborhoods throughout the city. As Edgehill Neighborhood Partnership works to meet the overwhelming and growing needs of our neighbors, this AmeriCorps member will be vital to reaching our goals.
You will gain skills in program design, project management, volunteer recruitment and management, evaluation design, communications, and capacity building.
Nashville is powered by people of all ages, races, ethnicities, skin tones, sexes, genders, sexualities, religions, abilities, and socioeconomic statuses engaging in service together. This is a city where YOU matter and YOU make a difference. Join us as we tackle the community’s most pressing challenges through service by becoming a Hands On Nashville AmeriCorps Program member.
The HON AmeriCorps Program is made possible through generous support from Volunteer Tennessee, The Dan and Margaret Maddox Fund, and AmeriCorps, the federal agency connecting individuals and organizations through service and volunteering to tackle the nation’s most pressing challenges.
- Recruit and communicate with potential community partners
- Organize logistics of new FreeStore locations
- Coordinate community partnerships in high-priority communities
- Establish program model for mobile FreeStore
Typical Day In This Position
Each day brings something new as you seek the best way to meet the needs of our neighbors. You will be coordinating with and meeting neighbors and community partners daily.
Half Time, August 15,2022 – July 28, 2023
Standard hours are Tuesday-Friday 9 a.m.- 1 p.m. and Saturday 8 a.m.- 12 p.m. with some flexiblility permitted when communicated in advance.
Members should have experience with or the willingness to develop competencies in these areas:
(1) Working with individuals from diverse backgrounds
(2) Utilizing interpersonal, organizational and conflict resolution skills
(3) Calendar and time management
Key abilities include:
(1) Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
(2) Using good judgement and maintaining professional behavior.
(3) Willingness to solve problems and overcome challenges.
Bilingual skills that can benefit partnership development and member services are a plus
High School Diploma/GED
Can professional experience be substituted for formal education: Yes
Lift and carry up to 20-30lbs; Responsibilities in the position may entail sitting for extended periods of time; Responsibilities in this position may entail standing for extended periods of time; Responsibilities in the position may entail serving in the outdoors and potentially in inclement weather; Office or service environment may include noisy environments; Service responsibilities require moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one worksite to another; Service responsibilities require member to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; Service responsibilities require the member to drive a cargo van, truck, and/or trailer; Service responsibilities require the member to communicate verbally via the telephone and/or computer;
Required Driver’s License: Yes
- $3,247 education award, upon completion of service contract
- Federal student loan forbearance and accrued interest payment
- Bronze-level health coverage through Healthcare.gov
- Training and professional development in nonprofit management
- $10,000 living allowance, paid in bi-weekly increments
How to Apply
Please apply using the link: My AmeriCorps – Home Page
- Date Posted: October 13, 2022
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Community Development
- Start Date: 08/15/2022
- Working Hours: 15-20