Foster Care Specialist – Nashville, TN
Youth Villages has been a national leader in the implementation of research-based treatment philosophies in the field of children’s mental and behavioral health. Our commitment to helping troubled children and their families find success spans 30+ years and includes a comprehensive array of programs and services.
If you are looking for a positive career move where you are meeting the challenges of life and striving to make a positive difference, then Youth Villages is the place for you. We are looking for people with a strong sense of purpose and focus to continually build confidence in themselves and our organization.
Our Foster Care program works with foster care children to talk about their referral issues and to discuss why they are in foster care. Foster Care Specialists serve as a liaison between the child and the court and is always an advocate for the best needs of the child. The Youth Villages Foster Care Program uses intensive in-home-based treatment where interventions are parent-focused bringing change through the family, school, community, and peer groups.
- Specialists provide services to the entire family, rather than just the identified youth. They work with the family hands-on to build trust and align them with treatment
- Specialists are responsible for a caseload of 8-10 families
- Intensive but flexible schedule. Specialists deliver services in the family’s home or wherever they need us (school, court, etc.) and flexibly schedule sessions to meet the family’s needs; on-call rotation is required.
- Documentation that is online/ web-based and available to you from home
- Specialists meet with supervisors at least three times per week to discuss progress and personal development.
Our leadership is always available for backup in difficult situations.
All specialists complete a thorough training schedule designed to maximize clinical skill.
The schedule is flexible and non-traditional; based on the availability of youth and families served.
Applicants must have a valid driver’s license, a personal vehicle to use for work purposes, and auto insurance.
Community-based staff will be reimbursed for applicable mileage
**Counselors can live anywhere in the coverage area which includes: Davidson, Williamson, Sumner, Wilson, and Rutherford counties
- A Master’s degree in a social services discipline or candidates within 6 months of graduating with a Master’s degree in a social services discipline is preferred. A Bachelor’s degree in a social services discipline is required.
- One year of experience counseling adolescents in a clinical setting
- Degrees that can be considered include social work, drug and alcohol education or counseling, psychology, criminal justice, guidance counseling, or marriage and family therapy. Other degrees will have to be evaluated further to determine if they meet the qualifications.
- Experience with the Foster Care System is preferred
- Excellent written, verbal, and oral skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Basic computer knowledge
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule
- You must have your own vehicle to use for work purposes as well as have liability insurance
- Acceptable driving record – Three or fewer moving violations within the past 36 months
- Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug Coverage and Vision
- Retirement Savings Pension Plan
- 2 weeks of paid vacation
- 12 paid sick days per year
- 11 paid holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Licensure Supervision
- Paid Parental Leave
- Mileage & Cell Phone Reimbursement
How to Apply
Please apply through the following link: https://careers-youthvillages.icims.com/jobs/18022/foster-care-specialist/job
- Date Posted: November 1, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Clinician
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Salary Range: $50,000 - $58,000 / year based on education and clinical license