Foster Care Specialist- Knoxville, TN
Youth Villages has been a national leader in the implementation of research-based treatment philosophies in the field of children’s mental and behavioral health. Our commitment to helping troubled children and their families find success spans 30+ years and includes a comprehensive array of programs and services.
If you are looking for a positive career move where you are meeting the challenges of life and striving to make a positive difference, then Youth Villages is the place for you. We are looking for people with a strong sense of purpose and focus to continually build confidence in yourself and our organization.
Our Foster Care program works with the foster care children to talk about their referral issues and to discuss why they are in foster care. Foster Care Specialists serve as a liaison between the child and the court and is always an advocate for the best needs of the child. The Youth Villages Foster Care Program uses intensive in-home based treatment where interventions are parent focused bringing change through the family, school, community, and peer groups.
- Specialists provide services to the entire family, rather than just the identified youth. They work with the family hands-on to build trust and align them with treatment
- Specialists are responsible for a caseload of 8-10 families
- Intensive but flexible schedule. Specialists deliver services in the family’s home or wherever they need us (school, court, etc.) and flexibly schedule sessions to meet the family’s needs; on-call rotation required.
- Documentation that is on-line/ web-based and available to you from home
- Specialists meet with supervisors at least three times per week to discuss progress and personal development.
Our leadership is always available for backup in difficult situations.
All specialists complete a thorough training schedule designed to maximize clinical skill.
Schedule is flexible and non-traditional; based around the availability of youth and families served.
Applicants must have a valid driver’s license, a personal vehicle to use for work purposes and auto insurance.
Community Based staff will be reimbursed for applicable mileage
$41,000- $48,000 based on education level and clinical license
- A Master’s degree in a social services discipline is required. Will consider candidatres within 6 months of completing their Master’s degree.
- One year experience counseling adolescents in a clinical setting
- Degrees that can be considered include: social work, drug and alcohol education or counseling, psychology, criminal justice, guidance counseling, or marriage and family therapy. Other degrees will have to be evaluated further to determine if they meet the qualifications.
- Experience with the Foster Care System is preferred
- Excellent written, verbal, and oral skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Basic computer knowledge
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule
- You must have your own vehicle to use for work purposes as well as have liability insurance
Covid-19 Vaccine Requirement
As of October 15, 2021, Youth Villages has required the COVID-19 vaccine for all employees, excluding those with an approved medical or religious exemption, as a condition of employment to help ensure the safety of all employees and youth and families served.
Experience growth and development through our continuous training, as well as tuition and licensure reimbursement, or pursue opportunities to advance both clinically and administratively with Youth Villages.
- Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug Coverage and Vision
- Retirement Savings Pension Plan
- 2 weeks paid vacation
- 12 paid sick days per year
- 10 paid holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- Mileage & Cell Phone Reimbursement (when applicable)
How to Apply
Youth Villages is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Youth Villages is committed to not only advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace but also in our work with children and young adults. We know that children, families and young people of color can face inequity in child welfare and justice systems, and we train our employees to build the skills they need to work with the communities that we serve, as well as, other employees from different cultures and backgrounds. Youth Villages is opposed to racism in any of its forms and is committed to inclusion, equity, and diversity. We believe that respect for each other is crucial in the work that we do each day.
- Date Posted: September 20, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Clinician
- Service Area: Children / Youth