Foster Care Recruiter
Who We Are
Monroe Harding’s mission is to change young people’s lives. Our cause is to ensure that foster care youth and other vulnerable young people build a solid foundation of strengths that position them for success in adulthood. Our cause and mission are accomplished through trauma and resiliency-informed programs and services in foster care, supportive housing, clinical emotional and mental health support services, and education, career development, and life skills support services.
What We Value
Optimism – We celebrate and encourage the good in each other. We create an environment in which people can have fun, express gratitude, feel uplifted, explore their passions, and increase their resiliency.
Inclusion – Thru a lens of respect, we advocate for our families, our youth, and each other by creating a sense of belonging, understanding, and value for the uniqueness of each individual.
Curiosity – We are committed to creating a learning environment that seeks knowledge, looks to the future, and goes beyond the status quo.
Collaboration – We believe that people who are committed to open communication, a willingness to help, and working together as a team create a safe environment and a culture of excellence.
Personal Accountability – We empower one another to be our best selves. By showing up, listening, and providing thoughtful feedback we create a culture that allows for self-care.
Who We Are Looking For
The Foster Care Recruiter is primarily responsible for the recruitment of foster parents. Also assists in the development, implementation, and continuation of a foster parent public relations, marketing, and recruitment program.
- The Foster Care Recruiter will develop, in collaboration with the Marketing Manager, and Director of Foster Care Services, an aggressive recruitment and marketing plan to connect with potential foster parents and promote the agency’s foster care program to enhance recruitment of foster parents and meet monthly/annual recruitment targets.
- The Foster Care Recruiter will participate in a widespread campaign to recruit foster families, including generalized and targeted recruitment, establishment of benchmarks, and ongoing tracking of progress with an evaluation component.
- The Foster Care Recruiter will implement the recruitment plan through multiple marketing activities which will include networking, community meetings, talking with current agency foster parents, written material, media outreach, social media, website development, and collaborative relationships and marketing with associations and community service partners.
- The Foster Care Recruiter will complete ongoing monthly and quarterly assessments and reporting of recruitment strategies evaluation and tracking.
- Develop, schedule, coordinate, lead, and evaluate pre-service training programs for prospective resource parents.
- The Foster Care Recruiter will assist with the screening, assessment, and training of foster parent applicants to complete all the mandatory training requirements for foster parents.
- The Foster Care Recruiter will work within the Agency’s Foster Care Program and ensure adherence to agency policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Maintain database systems used in the agency and required systems with our partners.
- Document all contact information concerning youth and families in required management information systems.
- Have responsibility for re-approval of current foster parents including submission of required documentation to Resource Home Evaluation Team (RHET) in conjunction with Resource Specialists
- To perform all required background checks including registration for fingerprinting on prospective and current foster parents, and childcare providers as needed
- Exercise primary responsibility for home study assessment of prospective foster families, including interviews, home visits, obtaining and compiling supporting documentation, and writing the home study narrative.
- Participate in managing referrals and placing new foster care children and youth; assessing the appropriateness of referred children or youth for placement, identifying family resources for referred youth, responding quickly to the referring party, and facilitating placement as appropriate.
What we expect in a Recruiter at Monroe Harding
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred. Experience may be substituted for education. Those with sales and marketing experience are encouraged to apply.
- Knowledge of human relations, family dynamics, interviewing skills, and the ability to communicate with people from all walks of life.
- Knowledge of strengths and needs of families and children.
- Understanding of the foster care system.
- Passion to engage people in foster care awareness.
- Demonstrate excellent organizational, time management, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nighttime and weekends as needed and required.
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to cultural and socioeconomic differences.
- Ability to deal tactfully and respectfully with the public and co-workers.
- Ability to decipher detailed requirements for becoming a foster parent and communicate them to potential parents.
- Ability to use sound judgment in making decisions.
- Demonstrate comfort with public speaking, including to religious organizations of all kinds.
- Must have computer literacy including basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Salesforce, and the Internet. Must be adept at learning custom data systems used for program documentation.
- Flexibility/Time Management
- Drive for Results
- Public Speaking and Teaching
- Detail Oriented
- Written Communication
Applicants must pass a thorough background check and drug screen. Must have a valid Tennessee driver’s license.
Additionally, The Diana Screen® is administered to all potential applicants to help ensure that ethical boundaries between children and adults are maintained. At Monroe Harding, the safety and protection of the youth who have been entrusted to us is our #1 priority.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance available (90-100% coverage paid by Monroe Harding for the employee)
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Generous paid time off package
- 401k (Monroe Harding will match up to 4%)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Professional development and training
How to Apply
Think you are interested in joining our team? Please apply online at monroeharding.org
- Date Posted: July 21, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Salary Range: 40,000-45,000