Foster Care Case Manager
Monroe Harding is committed to viewing and interacting with youth from a Trauma Informed perspective. Staff understand normal and trauma impacted brain development and interact with youth in ways that encourage and restore normal brain functioning. Staff are curious about “what happened to the youth to cause current behavior” and work with them uniquely based upon their developmental level. Focus is on providing a safe and stable environment that encourages learning from mistakes and celebrating small advances in behavior or thought process. Staff models healthy emotional regulation skills, flexibility in working with others, and effective restoration of relationships after issues arise. Monroe Harding seeks individuals who enjoy adolescents and celebrates their uniqueness, are able to develop strong relationships and influence, and who are invested in their own personal growth and development as they seek to model effective behaviors for youth.
The Foster Care Case Manager will provide resources to foster care children, birth families and foster families collaborating with DCS to insure the children’s’ needs are met to permanency (reunification or adoption).
Along with other duties, the Case Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Assess the individual needs of foster children and obtain available social, rehabilitative, and treatment services to meet those needs.
- Develop, implement, monitor and review individual treatment plans of all youth served.
- Serve as advocate and liaison between the youth, families and community partners.
- Participate in all service planning meetings involving the youth and family as well as attending all court hearings and continuous quality improvement meetings.
- Maintain Quality case records and written reports by completing our necessary state and agency requirements within mandated time frames.
- Assess and ensure that the educational, mental and physical needs of foster youth are met.
- Conduct face to face visits and cellphone calls to all youth, birth and foster families as outlined in policies.
- Assist resource parents in establishing and implementing behavior, self-help, and independent living goals set for each youth.
- Provide crisis intervention services when needed.
- Participate in oncall rotation.
- Knowledge and skill in working with children and youth with mental health, substance abuse, family violence and poverty issues.
- A developing knowledge and skill in working with the evolving Child Welfare system and its legal mandates.
- Knowledge of social work theory and practice methods and their application to children and families.
- Knowledge of community agencies and services available to the client population.
- Ability to deal tactfully with the public and co-workers.
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to service recipient cultural and socioeconomic characteristics.
- Ability to use sound judgment in making decisions.
- Ability to express ideas clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work after hours if needed.
- Written and Verbal Communication
- Ability to Build Rapport
- Time Management
- Conflict Management
- Ability to Discuss Difficult Topics
Hours: Monday – Friday day/evening; must be able to be flexible in hours worked, and available for on-call rotation to assist with emergencies.
Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field required. Master’s degree preferred. Minimum of one-year experience working in foster care. Applicants for this job must pass thorough background check. Must have valid TN driver’s license.
Additionally, The Diana Screen® is administered to all potential applicants to help ensure that ethical boundaries between children and adults are maintained. At Monroe Harding, the safety and protection of the youth who have been entrusted to us is our #1 priority.
Long Term Disability
Option to enroll in Short-term Disability, Accident, and Critical Illness Insurance
Generous Paid Time Off Package
Professional Development Opportunities
Awesome, Supportive, Team-Oriented Workplace!
How to Apply
Think you are interested in joining our team? Please submit a resume and cover letter to Evelyn Tidman at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please list the position for which you are applying in the cover letter.
Monroe Harding is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Date Posted: January 29, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services