The Next Door
Food Services Part-time
The Next Door
To provide a continuum of evidence-based substance abuse and mental health services for women in an environment of faith and healing to restore hope and a lifetime of recovery.
Ensure that all food related operations and storage are safe and clean according to TN Health Department guidelines. Assist Food Service Manager with all kitchen operations, to include purchasing, inventory, daily meal plans, food preparation, cooking, serving and cleaning.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties include the following:
- Prepare and cook meals in large quantities to feed 40-100 clients.
- Complete cleaning of kitchen and dining room after meal service.
- Receive and put away food deliveries according to FIFO best practices.
- Assist with monthly inventory of all food and kitchen supplies
- Ensure that kitchen and dining room is clean and sanitized at all times, and that Health Code Standards are followed at all times.
- Enforce kitchen safety and cleanliness guidelines with all residents that utilize or assist in kitchen.
- Work closely with Case Managers to coordinate resident attendance for kitchen orientation and kitchen chores as assigned.
- Work closely with Volunteers to show appreciation and to enhance their experience with TND and clients.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- To be successful in executing the responsibilities and duties assigned in this job, a person must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily.
- This person must be self-motivated and able to make quality, ethical decisions independent of supervision when necessary.
- 1-year minimum comparable experience preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License
All Employees will adhere to the following professional standards:
- Honor the agency mission: The mission of The Next Door is to live out our faith by providing a continuum of evidence-based substance abuse and mental health services for women in an environment of faith and healing to restore hope and a lifetime of recovery.
- Consistently treat residents and co-workers with the utmost respect.
- Keep ALL information regarding staff, residents, diagnosis, group information, etc. confidential at all times.
- Work as a necessary part of the team effort.
- Model ethical and professional behavior at all times.
- Participate in ongoing meetings and trainings as required by the leadership of The Next Door.
- Be creative and assist leadership with ideas for improving the overall quality of the services and environment for the residents of The Next Door.
- Encourage and live the core values of The Next Door, Inc., at all times:
- Love ~ We demonstrate what love looks like, so our women learn to love others in healthy ways and love themselves.
- Faith ~ We welcome all people, and all will be cared for with Christ-centered principles.
- Hope ~ We believe hope is within reach for all women.
- Wholeness ~ God has a plan and purpose for a woman’s life and that is abundantly good. She does not have to be defined by her past decisions. God loves. God forgives. Every woman can be whole and complete.
- Community ~ We are building a healthy community in which our women are contributing members of society. We need one another. We care for one another. We will teach our women how to build their own healthy community.
- Respect ~ We believe each woman deserves respect from us and from each other. We believe each woman can learn to respect herself and others.
- Encouragement ~ We believe that our words and actions should build one another up. We inspire one another with love and good deeds.
401K and employee discounts
How to Apply
Visit www.thenextdoor.org to complete the online application and submit a resume.
- Date Posted: February 2, 2021
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Working Hours: Saturday and Sunday 12-6:30pm; Monday and Tuesday 10am-2pm