Food Security Program Coordinator
FiftyForward is about strengthening our community of older adults 50 plus in Middle TN. Every day our team works collaboratively to create innovative programming and services, community partnerships, and equitable access to resources that support, champion, and enhance life for those 50 and older. During the pandemic FiftyForward delivered over 27,000 meals, made over 10,700 telephonic and socially distanced in-person contacts, and hosted over 400 virtual programs to engage older adults and combat social isolation and food insecurity. We are expanding our efforts into the Antioch area. If you desire to have an impact in your community by improving food security for your neighbors then join FiftyForward's team now!
FiftyForward seeks candidates for full-time, grant-funded position of FiftyForward Food Security Program Coordinator.
FiftyForward’s mission is to support, champion and enhance life for those 50 and older. Established in 1956, we are the premier provider of innovative programs and services for older adults and families in middle Tennessee.
The FiftyForward Fresh Food Security Program Coordinator will advocate for and connect older adults, especially those most vulnerable and isolated, with food and additional resources to increase food security and decrease isolation. The Food Security Program Coordinator will collaborate with community partners to combine efforts to provide food and support for older adults in need.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Develops and implements food security program for older adults driven through outreach activities and partnerships
- Builds resource database
- Advocates on behalf of older adults for appropriate and meaningful services
- Organizes and delivers foo to clients as needed
- Reporting as required by the grant
The successful candidate will have:
- Passion for serving people; demonstrated commitment to mission, value, and goals of FiftyForward
- Desire to support equity and inclusion of all individuals
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with staff, clients, community partners and the public
- Ability to work cooperatively as a team member and independently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience in program development and implementation
- Ability to conduct extensive outreach and collaborate with numerous community partners
- Openness to change and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment by juggling a variety of tasks efficiently
- Interest in and sensitivity to assisting frail older adults
- BS or BA in social work or related field. Associates degree or high school diploma with equivalent experience
Additional information you should know:
- Position is non-exempt; full-time/40 hours per week with benefits
- The successful candidate must be willing to take the COVID-19 vaccine once available unless an accommodation is required by law.
- Bilingual fluency in English/Spanish or English/Arabic preferred
- Pay rate is $18 per hour
- Position is grant-funded through December 31, 2021. Funding expected but not yet received beyond December 31st.
Full-time benefits package available including:
- Health, dental and vision
- Life insurance and long term disability
- Eligible to participate in retirement plan
- Paid holidays including one full week at Christmas
- Generous vacation and sick leave package
- Hybrid remote schedule
How to Apply
Go to FiftyForward's Careers page to apply.
- Date Posted: August 31, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Salary Range: 18.00
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M-F, 8:00am - 4:30pm