Pet Community Center
Food Security and Facilities Manager
Pet Community Center
Pet Community Center is seeking candidates for the position of Food Security and Facilities Manager. The Food Security and Facilities Manager is a new position that will operate Pet Community Center’s expanded Food Security program along with hands-on oversight and management of the physical plant and fleet. This position helps the center meet its goal of empowering Davidson County pet owners, many of whom live in “veterinary deserts,” by providing access to food security and/or emergency assistance as an integrated part of the string of safety net resources available at Pet Community Center.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter with experience providing animal welfare/social services to vulnerable populations. This candidate has successfully managed a team of volunteers in delivery of services and programs.
We believe that people love their pets and will provide the best for them when given the opportunity. We are looking for compassionate individuals that share that belief and who are moved by serving underserved people and their pets.
Here are some of the things you’d be doing:
- Oversee the development and day to day execution of an expanded food security program including but not limited to program/service delivery, management of volunteer workforce, standard operating procedures while fostering relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Oversee program budget and ensures that resources are used as approved by the board and in accordance with our mission and core values.
- Oversee volunteer workforce to carry out program goals and objectives, including but not limited to inventory control, use of vehicles, food delivery, accident/incident reporting and adherence to standard operating procedures.
- Supports physical plant and fleet upkeep through regularly scheduled maintenance and repair schedules.
- 2 or more years of experience working collaboratively providing animal welfare/social services to vulnerable populations in mission-driven business or non-profit environments
- 3 or more years of experience in managing volunteers
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Pet Community Center offers competitive salary, generous benefits for full time employees including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, two weeks paid time off, generous paid holiday schedule (including a week off between Christmas and New Year).
How to Apply
To apply for this position, your application must include a resume and a detailed cover letter telling us specifically why you want to work at Pet Community Center, and what most excites you about this position. This is your opportunity to introduce yourself on a human level to some of the people you would be working with – tell them why they would want to work with you and why you think you could do an awesome job in this role.
If you would like to apply for the position, please send a current resume and a cover letter explaining your interest in the position to Amy Waller, CEO at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
- Date Posted: April 28, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Animal Welfare