Food Distribution Manager
The Food Distribution Manager is responsible for the day-to-day coordination of volunteers assigned to the food pantry, the shopping experience providing groceries to our neighbors, and providing fuel bags to schools.
• Oversee pleasant shopping experiences for our neighbors, including showing the neighbors what they may have and bagging the groceries
• Greets and coordinates tasking of volunteers; greets and serves neighbors in the food pantry
• Coordination of traffic flow for Neighbors receiving food
• Assist with coordination of purging of partner-agency distribution of overstock or out-of-date inventory
• Monitor food on the shelves and coordinate with the Food Acquisition Manager inventory needs
• Tracks and reports all outbound food items
• Track request for fuel bags and coordinate volunteers to assemble and package them by school
• Prepares weekly, monthly and annual reports for internal and external entities
• Coordinates Saturday coverage for food distribution and volunteer engagement
• Maintains cleanliness of food pantry and adherence to Second Harvest Guidelines
• In collaboration with the Food Acquisition Manager, suggest long-term inventory changes, storage, etc.
• Assist with Mobile Food Pantry events as needed
• Determine when and if food should be discarded from the pantry shelves
• Train and encourage volunteers through written communication and regular meetings.
• Written communication with volunteers on a regular basis to show appreciation and to alert them to new information and procedures.
• Able to react to change productively and handle all other duties/essential tasks as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelors Degree required; 2 years experience in logistics and inventory control preferred.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Simple IRA after 90 days. Our benefits package is evaluated and approved by our board each fiscal year.
How to Apply
For a complete job description and application information, please visit our website at https://www.graceworksministries.net/job-openings/
- Date Posted: March 24, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 05/04/2020
- Salary Range: 38,000 to 40,000
- Working Hours: 40 hours per week