TN Performing Arts Center
Food & Beverage Supervisor
TN Performing Arts Center
Tennessee Performing Arts Center (TPAC) values staff diversity and actively encourages people from a variety of backgrounds with different experiences, perspectives, skills, and stories to advance our nonprofit mission and enrich our organizational culture.
Job Title: Food & Beverage Supervisor
Department: Food & Beverage
Reports to: Director of Food & Beverage
Job Type: Non-Exempt
TPAC is a nonprofit performing arts organization and cultural anchor providing enriching arts experiences for all ages, empowering lifelong arts education programs, artistic expression reflective of our community, arts connections for the local economy, and sustainable support for professional resident companies and local artists.
Guided by our mission we are seeking individuals who value collaboration, innovation, and respect. A team player who knows that we are most successful when everyone feels empowered to bring their best and contributes to an environment that values every individual.
How we work: Personal characteristics that we are looking for all employees:
- Team Player – jump in when needed
- Actively listen
- A love of the arts
- Equal playing field
- Creative problem solving – approach the problem focused on finding a solution
- Service Minded
- Integrity – Assume good intentions
Assist with management of all F&B operations and for delivering an excellent guest experience. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting all food and beverage operations and able to forecast, plan and manage all F&B inventory, orders, staff, and finance. The goal is to maximize sales and revenue through customer satisfaction and employee engagement.
- Works with F&B Director to manage operational and financial goals for F&B department to ensure protection of assets and revenue while making necessary adjustments as needed.
- Maintain inventory control on products and supplies. Maintain ordering process, delivery schedules, and inventory reports. Oversee deliveries, scan all vendor invoices, and send to Concur for payment.
- Create a positive work environment, directs, and supervises staff on a day-to-day basis. Monitor service areas to ensure established quality standards are maintained, oversee daily deposits, reporting, and reconciling of F&B banks and safe.
- Set up and supervise day-to-day operations related to events, receptions, and catering.
- Works a flexible schedule as determined by TPAC’s show schedule including mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Effectively assists in administrating merchandise contracts and settlement agreements for TPAC/WMA. Oversee collection of house commission and maintains and maximizes that TPAC/WMA merchandise revenues are implemented based on fair merchandise related business practices.
- Assist others within the company as directed by F&B Director.
The responsibilities listed above are not all inclusive. Other related duties may be assigned
Skills and Knowledge
- Required: High school diploma or equivalent and 2-3 years of related experience or training. Knowledge of Tennessee liquor laws and regulations. Must meet state and city health requirements for food handling and alcoholic beverage service. Ability to perform assigned production tasks including constant reaching, bending, stooping, wiping, pushing, pulling, up and down stairs/ramps, and standing for extended periods of time. Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Excellent verbal and written communication. Strong customer service skills with the ability to supervise staff. Passion for the performing arts and a belief in the importance of arts education and arts access.
- Preferred: Analytical tracking and reporting and knowledge of legal issues that arise from TABC Laws/Rules. Familiar with IOS/iPad,
- Encouraged: Bilingual, Extensive knowledge of beer/wine/liquor and drink recipes
SOFTWARE AND SERVICES USED
- Appetize, EngagePHD, Microsoft Office Suite, Tessitura, VenueOps, Zoom.
Essential Functions and Working Conditions
The functions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
Frequent Functions: Working virtually and in an office environment. Heavy Lifting and transporting product from loading dock to F&B/WMA storage areas and between TPAC/WMA
Occasional Functions: Travel off site to purchase talent rider items and other F&B products.
TPAC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of the employment process will be merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship or other protected characteristic.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & AD&D, Disability, Paid time off & holidays, 401K, EAP
How to Apply
Please visit our website and apply through our careers portal:
- Date Posted: March 23, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Arts / Culture