The Next Door
Float Therapist / Care Manager
The Next Door
The Next Door provides a continuum of evidence-based substance abuse and mental health services for women in an environment of faith and healing to restore hope and a lifetime of recovery.
Summary: Provides management for the therapeutic services for Residential treatment at TND, Inc. Treatment services delivered within a recovery-oriented system of care targeting the mental health and substance-related recovery needs of women and their families.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties include the following:
- Responsible for maintaining the Residential Treatment schedule, ensuring adequate coverage for groups, and requirement standards are met for managed care standards in the residential treatment program.
- Provide clinical support and supervision to therapist and other assigned clinical staff in TND Nashville Residential Treatment Services.
- Collaborate with the Assistant Director of Treatment Services to communicate therapeutic needs for Clinical Services.
- Assist therapists in inputting billing encounters across programs, as needed.
- Provide and/or oversee group, crisis, and family counseling for TND-Nashville’s Residential treatment services.
- Provide a minimum of 10 client contact hours a week or more as needed. This can include; group sessions, individual sessions and other encounters with the clients.
- Ensure quality therapeutic care to the clients served by TND’s clinical services at TND-Nashville; while adhering to the federal and state licensing statures.
- Responsible for monitoring and approving weekly timesheets for assigned therapist.
- Work with Director and Assistant Director of Treatment Services in developing evidence-based treatment programming for clients.
- Collaborate with Admissions, Utilization Review, Family Services, Support Services, Medical Services and Behavioral Health to ensure cohesiveness of the program.
- Attend weekly check-in and treatment team meetings.
- Assist in coordinating and conducting random room searches.
- Assist in conducting random internal chart audits for each level of care in Treatment Services; monthly.
- Ensure timely and professional documentation to support each client interaction and coordination of services per the documentation guidelines of The Next Door, Inc.
- Assist in overseeing the development of treatment plans, ASAM and/or other assessments for residential clients.
- Complete annual performance reviews with assigned therapists and other assigned clinical team members.
- Provide intern supervision to assigned interns. Supervision includes weekly contact with each intern, a review of intern notes, communication with each intern’s school, etc.
- Ensure that all policies and procedures of The Next Door, Inc. are followed at all times by clients and volunteers.
- Participate in a rotating on-call system as a member of the management team.
- When possible, participate in task forces, in-services, trainings, and other community educational networking opportunities to educate others about TND, Inc. programs and to promote partnerships and sponsorships whenever possible.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in counseling or social work preferred.
- Currently licensed in mental health, social work, or addictions counseling is preferred.
- Experience providing supervision to a clinical staff.
- Experience working directly with women in a residential treatment center who have substance use and/or mental illness is required.
- Possess proficient computer skills Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Valid Driver’s license
All Employees will adhere to the following professional standards:
- Honor the agency mission: The mission of The Next Door is to live out our faith by providing a continuum of evidence-based substance abuse and mental health services for women in an environment of faith and healing to restore hope and a lifetime of recovery.
- Consistently treat residents and co-workers with the utmost respect.
- Keep ALL information regarding staff, residents, diagnosis, group information, etc. confidential at all times.
- Work as a necessary part of the team effort.
- Model ethical and professional behavior at all times.
- Participate in ongoing meetings and trainings as required by the leadership of The Next Door.
- Be creative and assist leadership with ideas for improving the overall quality of the services and environment for the residents of The Next Door.
- Encourage and live the core values of The Next Door, Inc., at all times:
- Love ~ We demonstrate what love looks like, so our women learn to love others in healthy ways and love themselves.
- Faith ~ We welcome all people, and all will be cared for with Christ-centered principles.
- Hope ~ We believe hope is within reach for all women.
- Wholeness ~ God has a plan and purpose for a woman’s life and that is abundantly good. She does not have to be defined by her past decisions. God loves. God forgives. Every woman can be whole and complete.
- Community ~ We are building a healthy community in which our women are contributing members of society. We need one another. We care for one another. We will teach our women how to build their own healthy community.
- Respect ~ We believe each woman deserves respect from us and from each other. We believe each woman can learn to respect herself and others.
- Encouragement ~ We believe that our words and actions should build one another up. We inspire one another with love and good deeds.
The Next Door offers BCBST health insurance including dental and vision; Teladoc; Employee Assistance Program; Paid Time Off; six paid holidays; professional development hours; and a 401K program with partial match.
How to Apply
Visit www.thenextdoor.org to complete an application and submit your resume.
- Date Posted: November 4, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Clinician
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk