Mercy Multiplied America, Inc.
Mercy Multiplied America, Inc.
Mercy Multiplied is a nonprofit Christian organization with residential and outreach programs designed to empower people of all ages to live in freedom from life-controlling behaviors and situations, including eating disorders, self-harm, drug and alcohol addictions, unplanned pregnancy, depression, sexual abuse, and sex trafficking. Our residential program is for young women ages 13-32 and our goal is to help residents permanently stop destructive cycles, discover purpose for their lives, and become productive and thriving individuals. Our outreach programs and resources are based on the same biblically based principles used by Mercy homes.
The staff at Mercy Multiplied is a team of talented, fun, and hardworking people across four U.S. locations who work together to serve one mission: to provide opportunities and resources for all to experience God’s unconditional love, forgiveness, and life-transforming power.
We are looking for skilled, enthusiastic, service-minded people for our team. In addition to being a part of a mission that is greater than themselves, staff enjoy the following:
- Opportunities to exercise their faith working alongside a supportive team of believers
- Sessions led by dynamic Bible teachers and Christian speakers and authors brought in from all over the world
- Jeans every day and a casual dress code on Fridays
- Work-life balance
- A generous period of paid time off during the Christmas holiday
- Great work environment and office spaces
We have an immediate opening for a full-time Fitness Manager at our home located in Nashville, Tennessee.
Hours: 30 hours per week
Overview: The Fitness Manager handles a variety of kitchen and wellness activities, including sourcing and purchasing healthy food options, maintaining the kitchen and ensuring compliance with health codes and licensing standards, creating individualized fitness programs for residents, and teaching and monitoring fitness classes.
To be successful in this position, one must have the following:
- B.A. in Sociology or Exercise Science preferred (preferably certified by ACSM or NSCA)
- Must have a high school diploma or pass a general educational development test (GED)
- Strong background in exercise physiology
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Must have a thorough understanding of, and dedication to, the vision of Mercy Multiplied, along with demonstrated Christian work ethics.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Direct Recreational Activities:
• Teach fitness/recreational classes
• Plan monthly recreational schedule (YMCA, rocking climbing, hiking)
• Create and assist in implementing individualized fitness programs
• Maintain resources for the home regarding fitness
• Create opportunities within community for residents to expand fitness levels
• Monitor resident’s levels of fitness and wellness
• Create individualized aftercare fitness programs for each resident
• Participate in weekly Team Meeting, updating all fitness information as needed
• Consult with the Director of Medical Services about any special physical needs/limitations due to medical conditions and/or doctor’s instructions and set exercise guidelines
• Participate in Wellness Meetings with the Director of Medical Services; and primary Counselor
• Work closely with staff from other domestic and international homes regarding fitness questions and exercise-related situations with residents
• Hold residents accountable to follow program expectations and confront areas of concern or need. Resolve any conflict between the residents if they cannot resolve it themselves
• Document resident interactions as per Mercy procedure including completing and posting ETO Touchpoints and giving Training Opportunities or Disciplines as needed with direction from supervisor
• Assist with monitoring Bible Reading, Praise and Worship, Class, Lunch, School as needed
• Answer the phone and work the front desk of the home (includes receiving deliveries, welcoming guests, preparing Home staff and resident mail, and facilitating questions for residents)
• Be flexible in handling multiple tasks within the home while monitoring residents, as well as adjusting to schedule changes with ease
• Must be responsible for safe transportation of residents, as needed
• Other duties as deemed necessary
Reports to: Director of Home Operations
Education: B.A. in Sociology or Exercise Science preferred (preferably certified by ACSM or NSCA). Must have a high school diploma or pass a general educational development test (GED).
Skills: Strong background in exercise physiology; excellent communication skills (verbal and written); exceptional organizational and time management skills. Must have a thorough understanding of, and dedication to, the vision of Mercy Multiplied, along with demonstrated Christian work ethics.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should submit the following information via our website, https://mercymultiplied.com/employment-opportunities.
- Cover letter sharing your heart
- Personal testimony (only up to two pages please)
- Salary requirements
- Where you found job posting
Only qualified candidates need apply (no phone calls please). Mercy Multiplied hires and employs individuals who live a life conducive to Christian principles.
- Date Posted: November 8, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Salary Range: $17 - $19/hr
- Working Hours: 30 hrs/wk