Habitat Restore of Sumner County
Habitat Restore of Sumner County
Habitat for Humanity of Sumner County is looking for Responsible for all accounting functions, grant compliance, contracts, insurance, employee benefit programs, and office systems (software, computer system, office equipment, facility maintenance, etc.) for the organization. The position is responsible for directing all aspects of the fiscal functions of Habitat for Humanity of Sumner County in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and practices.
The position is full time (40 hours per week). The position requires regular office hours and some evening and weekend work may be required. Specific work hours for this position will be determined by Executive Director’s approval. Experience in the mortgage or banking industry preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Is responsible for financial reporting which includes cash flow analysis, monthly financial reports and monthly projections as requested by Directors and Board.
- Prepares reports for directors, board & auditors as needed, such as Cost of Builds, Budget Performance Reports, Functional Expense analysis, etc.
- Produces monthly budget vs. actual reports, P& L’s & Balance Sheet.
- Creates projections for future projects and expenses.
- Creates and maintains breakdowns of functional expenses assuring that administrative expenses are kept in-line.
- Creates all integrated spreadsheets necessary for budgeting and tracking.
- Maintains class tracking systems in QBO.
- Creates and maintains all employee files.
- Creates and maintains a contract-tracking system including change orders to provide controls over payments.
- Monitors mortgage statements from bank.
- Maintains banking and credit card relationships.
- Maintains controls on employee credit card access, limits, reporting and documentation.
- Assists with fundraising activities as needed.
- Supports and assists in the implementation of strategic goals and objectives.
- Assists the Executive Director with implementation of policies and objectives set by the board.
- Creates and submits to the Director and Board any policies or procedures requested.
- Assists with development of the affiliate budget, prepares and monitors program & event budgets.
- Prepares records and reports for year-end audit by independent audit firm. Performs pre-audits for all appropriate sources.
- Maintains records for potential future audits of grant funders.
- Prepares bi-weekly payroll.
- Prepares financial reports for grants including government and private sector funds and ensures that all reports are filed in a timely manner.
- Is responsible for benefits administration including insurance, workman’s compensation, file management, activation of coverage, etc.
- Assists in preparation of risk management policies, including policies and procedures for personnel and accounting.
- Assists the Executive Director & Board of Directors with special projects as needed.
- Monitors all cash receipts and expenses for departments and projects.
- Prepares G/L entries to adjust all accounts as needed.
- Reconciles G/L, subsidiary ledgers and checking accounts on a monthly basis.
- Prepares reports for finance committee and implements policies and procedures requested by the committee.
- Supervise volunteer bookkeepers as needed.
- It will be necessary for this position to communicate effectively via various modes of communication (face-to-face, phone, apps, e-mail, fax, etc)
- Retrieve mortgage payments from bank.
- Enter payments into Keystone, the mortgage and escrow paymenttracking system.
- Deliver mortgage payment reports to Affiliate Business/Finance
- Manager and all other pertinent staff and board members.
- Answer inquires by homeowners concerning their accounts
- Send out mortgage & escrow balance reports to homeowners
- Prepare reports for Family Services Coordinator re delinquent homeowners
- Prepare and execute yearly mortgage adjustment.
- Meet with homeowners as necessary to discuss account information, delinquency, overpayment, etc.
- Assist Executive Director in addressing all legal issues in regards to mortgages including closings, documentation, deeds, plats, etc.
- Send out city and county tax notices to homeowners.
- Execute monthly insurance printouts from system to ensure check request are submitted for payments.
- Prepare & submit quarterly AAR reports to Legal.
- Prepare reports as required for Board of Directors and management level reporting.
- Experience in employee relations and the ability to communicate with individuals from all socio-economic backgrounds.
- Thorough knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Proficiency with accounting software is required, QuickBooks Online preferred.
- Proficiency with G-Suite & Microsoft Office
- Ability to effectively communicate in a professional manner with vendors, staff, board members, families, and anyone associated with Habitat for Humanity.
- Strong analytical, quantitative, problem solving and technical skills.
- Ability to maintain confidential information, high ethical standards, positive attitude.
- Able to adapt to and excel in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business or a related field is required.
- 5 years of experience in accounting or business related field.
Health insurance, generous PTO & vacation allowance
How to Apply
Email your resume and coverletter to email@example.com
- Date Posted: June 8, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Community Development
- Start Date: 07/01/2020
- Salary Range: $45,000+
- Working Hours: M-F 8:30-4:30