Financial Empowerment Coordinator
Project Return helps people who are coming back from prison. Our mission is to provide services and connect people with resources needed to return successfully to work and community after incarceration. For over three decades, Project Return has been doing the work of citizen reentry in Nashville: facilitating job search, job placement, and job retention, as well as providing wraparound intensive case management and a broad array of assistance and support, for people who come to Project Return with the determination to make a new beginning after incarceration. They face nearly insurmountable barriers. Our days are filled with triumph and hard work!
This position will serve as primary contact for all service needs of PROh tenants, prepare tenants for successful tenancy, as well as collect rent payments, issue receipts, and maintain the property management software. The Financial Empowerment Coordinator will create a list of alternative permanent housing options for participants and build ongoing relationships with property managers across the Middle Tennessee area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with PROh applicants to build strong quality applications in preparation for successful tenancy
- Maintain consistent bi-monthly contact with all current tenancy
- Assist tenants with credit building, budgeting, banking, and home ownership
- Work alongside the Housing Director to maintain current applicant waiting lists
- Bring applicant waiting list with new applicants and any updates to the weekly Housing Meeting for consideration
- Work alongside the Program Service Director on tenant services and employment needs
- Collect rent payments, issue receipts, and enter all monthly rents into the Rent Receipts Journal
- Connect current tenants with local resources
- Create and mail 14-day notices to all residents who have not made payments
- Keep both the Housing and Program Services Director up to date and informed
- Assist with Retention Services needs
- Maintain and consistently update the Permanent Housing Lead pack with permanent housing options for participants
Experience, skills, and interests preferred: Experience in the social services field preferred; emphasis on relationship building and meeting individuals where they are. Interested in providing quality affordable housing for participants. Sensitivity to cultural and individual differences; self-motivated, team-spirited, creative, and highly organized; strong desire to work for an organization helping people make a new beginning, and an understanding of how this work benefits both the individual and the community.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required
Competitive pay. Medical, dental, and vision benefits included.
How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com addressed to Hanna Naum-Stoian, and indicate “Financial Empowerment Coordinator” in the subject line. No phone calls, please!
- Date Posted: November 8, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Housing
- Working Hours: M-F, 8:00AM-4:30PM