Raise the Roof Academy
Raise the Roof Academy
Raise the Roof Academy (raisetheroofacademy.org) is hiring a Financial Coordinator. Raise the Roof Academy is an international, faith-based, non-profit with active programming in the United States and Uganda. Our programs use creative and participatory approaches to address critical development issues such as educational access, quality health access, poverty and exclusion, youth participation, the marginalization of widows, neglect of vulnerable children, and strengthening development institutions and leadership development. Working with local partners to identify specific needs, resources, and challenges, our program designs are closely linked with the local context, ensuring that our partners invest deeply in projects and provide the local leadership required to secure long-term success.
The Financial Coordinator must demonstrate attention to detail and good record keeping skills to meet state and federal and nonprofit regulations. The Financial Coordinator will also possess outstanding communication skills for working with front line staff, management, board members, vendors, community donors and others.
- Reconciles accounts monthly and closes each year fully.
- Assists with budgeting and forecasting process.
- Prepares and gives financial presentations and proposals.
- Assists with grant proposals, and other financial reporting, to support development activities.
- Assists with database management for accurate donor reporting while maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of donor information.
- Handles bills swiftly.
- Liaises with various parties to gather and share relevant information.
- Makes required adjustments to donor accounts.
- Improves and redesigns processes.
- Maintains accurate records and documentation.
- Assists with the annual audit and 990 filing.
- Prepares mid-year and annual donor tax statements.
- Processes paper checks and enters all deposits.
- Streamlines online merchant services (Paysimple, Paypal, Stripe, Venmo etc.) to record donations more easily.
- Works with the Executive Director and Development Coordinator to project and set fundraising goals.
- Creates a system for donor commitment reminders for annual or monthly payments that have not been received.
- Other financial and donor management duties that the Executive Director assigns.
- Bachelor’s Degree, or higher degree.
- 5+ years related work experience.
- Outstanding financial and analytical skills.
- High competency in Quickbooks, Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and ability to learn other industry-related programs.
- Be passionate about Raise the Roof Academy’s mission and able to promote and communicate the philosophy, mission, and values of Raise the Roof Academy to external and internal stakeholders.
- Be available for occasional evening/weekend meetings when requested for a financial update.
- High organizational skills, enthusiastic, self-starting, team-oriented, able to follow through on tasks and goals.
- Possess human relation skills, able to work with people of varied backgrounds, theologies, experiences and able to effectively conduct strategic business at a high level within donor communities.
- Exceptional project management ability including strong skills in 1) communication, both written and verbal, 2) negotiation, both within and outside the organization, and 3) time-management skills.
- Possess high emotional intelligence.
- Ability to anticipate challenges and proactively identify solutions.
20 hours/week, salaried, non-exempt position, days and schedules may vary depending upon workload and needs in consultation with supervisor, semi-monthly payment on the 15th and final day of each month.
How to Apply
A resume, cover letter, and 4 work references (name, phone, email) are required when applying to this position and may be emailed to email@example.com
- Date Posted: May 26, 2022
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Salary Range: commensurate with education and experience
- Working Hours: 20 hrs/week