Habitat for Humanity of Greater Nashville
Habitat for Humanity of Greater Nashville
Directs the financial management and analysis operations of the agency – including Budgeting, Forecasting and Financial Planning; Treasury Management; Risk Management; Debarment and OFAC Management; Mortgage Reconciliation and tracking, Delinquent Mortgage and REO management, Asset Transaction Management and General Financial Management Support.
This position reports to the SVP of Accounting and Finance. Work directly with the Mortgage Administrators and others in the Homeowner Services department on matters pertaining to delinquent mortgage accounts that require loss mitigation, payoff, notice of default or foreclosure actions. This job is mainly In-person.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
Budgeting, Forecasting and Financial Planning
- Responsible for budgeting and forecasting of agency operating performance.
- Responsible for cash flow forecasting.
- Work with Homeowner Services to produce Pro Formas for the CFO, CEO, Executive Committee, and Board for the various home sales and repurchase situations that present themselves.
- Manage the agency’s program for leveraging mortgages for sale to third party financial intuitions in coordination with Homeowners Services department
- Manage bank account set-up and maintenance including annual update and review of signature cards on all bank accounts.
- Management of level of funds maintained in separate bank accounts.
- Ensure donated stock is sold immediately and liquidated in brokerage account, with proceeds transferred into operating bank account.
- Transfer SHOP and grant funding in a timely manner so that grant requirements are met.
- Provide NMTC mortgage receipts verifying amount needing to be transferred to the POB US Bank accounts each month.
- Manage the agency’s wire transfer process including ensuring proper approvals are secured and records maintained.
- For land acquisition transactions in particular, ensure that records of wire transfers are properly filed in the agency folder structure to support grant documentation.
- For Habitat homeowner closings, review closing documents for accuracy and ensure wire request is correct prior to wiring funds from the appropriate bank accounts.
- Responsible for agency insurance (auto, liability and workers comp) administration including competitive insurance renewal quote process at least two months before insurance policies renewal.
- Responsible for the annual workman’s compensation audit and any follow up work needed.
- Manage requests for insurance certificates and process agency notices and claims with careers.
Debarment and OFAC Management
- Perform Anti-Money Laundering and OFAC quarterly database comparison for HFHGN donors, vendors, employees and homeowners.
- Provide debarment check support to construction and other departments as requested.
- Provide Anti-Money Laundering and OFAC training for staff.
Asset Transaction Management
- Manage fleet vehicle acquisitions.
- Manage agency REO and market sales.
General Financial Management Support
- Responsible for the Quarterly Affiliate Statistical Report made online to HFHI.
- Responsible for year-end vehicle mileage reports.
- Timely preparation and filing of forms 8283/8282 and 1098C.
- Maintain the online Dun & Bradstreet account for the agency and produce status reports.
- Renew non-profit and tax-exempt status and memberships with the state yearly.
- Responsible for preparation of all other managerial related reports needed for the delinquency, accounting, budgeting, or finance communications of the agency.
- Work on special agency projects as needed.
Accounting and Audit Support
- Assist in preparation and execution of the annual financial audit.
- Responsible for spearheading the annual 990 reporting process, working with management, staff, and external auditing firm.
- Participate in oversight and review of daily accounting transactions and duties as needed.
Mortgage Servicing and Delinquency Management
- Verify and check for accuracy all mortgage transactions related to loss mitigation (repayment plans), payoff requests, lien release, notice of default or foreclosure actions.
- Responsible for obtaining and reconciling the monthly THDA/VMLS and Pinnacle payment loan detail reports, including tracking mortgages that payoff each month.
- Responsible for mortgage and discount maintenance in FICS database and generation and archiving of monthly reports.
- Generate appropriate journal entries to record the monthly amortization for all unamortized discounts tracked in FICS.
- Reconciliation of all mortgage related accounts in FICS to the underlying bank reports and the general ledger. Responsible for identifying difference and taking appropriate action to reconcile outstanding items
- Participate in development and maintenance of Delinquency Policies and Procedures to assure exemplary stewardship of agency assets.
- Ensure that all Habitat for Humanity International and Affiliate Policies and Guidelines are followed.
- Participate in the annual review process.
- Other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
- Must possess the accounting principles knowledge necessary to perform key responsibilities.
- Attention to details, coordination, follow-up, and ability to understand and enforce accounting guidelines and procedures is required.
- Must be able to stay focused and maintain concentration for extended periods of time.
- Possess the ability to meet scheduled deadlines for duties..
- Provide back up support for various accounting functions.
- Must be organized and have high work productivity
- Must have strong moral and business ethics
- Regular and reliable attendance required.
- · Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance or relevant experience required.
- Five to Ten years experience in Finance/Accounting.
- CPA or MBA preferred, or other relevant experience.
- Must have the ability and desire to work respectfully with people of all cultures, languages, national origins, races, ethnic backgrounds, religions, classes, immigration statuses, sexual orientations, gender identity and expressions, ages, mental or physical abilities, and other diversity factors. Must conduct all activities in accordance with Habitat principles.
- Must be familiar with MIP Fund Accounting Software, Excel, FICS, Salesforce, and Crystal Reports, or similar applications. Must have solid working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- SIMPLE IRA
- SIMPLE IRA matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account and company match
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Vision insurance
How to Apply
For all interested and qualified candidates please send a Cover Letter and Resume with three professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Posted: January 26, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Housing
- Working Hours: M-F , 40 hrs/wk